Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
MediaPlatform®, the industry leader for best-in-class webcasting and media management technology, is seeking an experienced Java Engineer to join our team. You will be directly responsible for understanding and improving our suite of applications used by enterprise clients like General Motors, Accenture and others.
MediaPlatform’s® software products enable our customers to create high impact lead generation, corporate communication and training programs while leveraging the advantages of scalable cloud based computing or on premise deployment, presentation and management of rich media. The company helps clients derive long term archive value from their investment in content.
In this role you will design, architect and implement software programming applications while building stable and reliable systems.
The ideal candidate is someone with a mixed professional background who enjoys actively engaging with his/her peers to develop and implement practical solutions. A combination of working on mature applications, as well as the ability to create enhancements, troubleshoot and resolve glitches would be highly valued. A passion for understanding new systems, taking ownership and responsibility is crucial.
· 5+ years hand-on OO development experience Java/J2EE
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering (or Degree + Years of Experience)
· Experience in many or all of the following: Spring, Hibernate, JSP, Spring Web Services, SOAP, REST, Axis, Tomcat and MySQL
· Experience architecting web-based, multi-tiered, and highly scalable application software
· Experience with the publishing model and CDN systems (Akamai, Cloudfront, etc.)
· Experience in a start up environment
· Video streaming or any video experience
· Experience with: AWS, SIP, VoIP, h.323, h.264, video conferencing
A high growth opportunity where all team members are encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture in a dynamic and stable company. You will collaborate daily with an experienced senior team and work with the latest technologies!
We offer a competitive salary, equity and an attractive benefits package including 401(k) and employee medical and dental coverage.
Submit resume and salary history, please no phone inquiries, recruiters or 3rd party employers. Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Currently, we do not offer relocation for this position.