Director, Software Engineering
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
MediaPlatform®, the industry leader for best-in-class live webcasting technology, is seeking a
Director of Software Engineering to be a part of a team responsible for the next-generation of our
live video streaming software. We offer organizations the ability to take advantage of scalable
cloud-based computing in order to present and manage their rich media. MediaPlatform® helps
clients derive long-term value from their investment in generated content. MediaPlatform’s® current
software products Webcaster® and On Demand® are used by enterprise clients like GM, Accenture,
Adobe, and Sprint for live-stream and video-on-demand presentations.
As a Director of Software Engineering, you will lead our geo distributed full stack software
engineering team in all aspects of their work ranging from release and feature build planning,
ongoing system support and maintenance to architecturing new applications and functionality. You
will also guide and mentor your team members to help them grow professionally.
You should be well-versed in best practices, but also draw from your experience to know when it
may be beneficial to pave new roads. You will be a part of a collaborative environment where
everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, and culture.
Company Tech Stack
Java, Spring Boot, Akka, AWS, Redis, Mongo, K8S, Docker, REST, ES6, React, Redux,
WebSockets, Webpack, EventEmitter, Python, Node.js
● 10+ years of professional hands-on software engineering experience building highly scalable
software in an Agile environment, cloud based SaaS platforms preferred
● 4+ years of direct people management experience
● 3+ years running applications in a public cloud environment, AWS preferred.
● Hands-on up to date knowledge and deep understanding of Java and Spring framework,
specifically Spring Boot
● Good understanding and experience with front end technologies, React/Redux preferred.
● Knowledge and experience working with remote team members and geo distributed teams
● Foundational understanding of modern software and architecture design patterns
● Working experience in Agile product development methodologies
● Good understanding of DevOps and CI/CD best practices
● Proven track record of growing and mentoring teams
● Hands-on admin level experience with Jira and Atlassian suite
● Understanding and experience with K8S and Docker.
● Experience working in a small organization or start-up environment
● Familiarity and experience building and maintaining video streaming products and services,
Wowza is a plus
● Basic experience with Swagger or similar API definition framework
● Hands-on experience with Akka
Please submit your resume when applying. No phone inquiries, recruiters or 3rd party employers.
We do not sponsor H1B visas. Must possess valid US work authorization.