Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
MediaPlatform® delivers best-in-class webcasting and media management technology to global enterprises and digital media producers. Our customers include many of the world’s most recognized companies covering a variety of industries. We offer organizations the ability to take advantage of scalable cloud-based computing, as well as on-premises deployment, to present and manage rich media.
This position will be responsible for managing and administering our cloud-based infrastructure as part of the Systems Engineering team at MediaPlatform. This person will also support development teams and help develop strategies to improve availability and performance of our infrastructure.
Our ideal team member has a lot of Linux experience as well as significant experience with configuration management, scripting, monitoring, high availability architectures release workflows.
- 5 + years of Linux/UNIX administration experience
- Knowledge and ability to solve problems with one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash or Go.
- Advanced level knowledge of at least one configuration management system: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt or CFEngine.
- Experience with monitoring systems like Nagios, Zabbix, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
- Understanding of release workflow models and build systems like Jenkins, Travis or Circle
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructures: AWS, Google App Engine or Azure.
- Experience in a microservice environment
- Experience with Tomcat/Jetty/JVM stack
- Exposure to Docker
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive base salary and an excellent benefits package as well as future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.