Other | Frederick, MD | Full Time
At the Maryland Tech Council (MTC), we believe in saving lives, securing our nation and improving the quality of life through innovation. The Council brings the region’s technology community together into a single, united organization that empowers our members to achieve their business goals through advocacy, networking and education. Our goal is to propel Maryland to become the number one innovation economy for life sciences and technology in the country.
MTC’s Project Manager is responsible for planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion. This is a mid-level role and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously. The ideal candidate should be multi-skilled.
This position will manage the Business Continuity Task Force to assist more entrepreneurs in Maryland as they navigate the economic downturn due to COVID-19. **Position will be a combination of teleworking and in office**
Project Manager roles and responsibilities:
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Leading project planning sessions
- Coordinating volunteers and internal resources
- Managing project progress and adapt work as required
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines
- Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation, member and special project inquires
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for executive staff
- Optimizing and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects
- Coordinating with complementary technology-focused organizations (i.e. chambers of commerce, industry councils, etc.) on issues of mutual interest.
- Achieving annual goals as set by the MTC CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- 3-5 years’ experience managing people and/or projects successfully.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite, Google and scheduling tool, like Doodle
- Knowledge of QuickBase
- Ability to take notes and synthesize material accurately
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills