Supply Chain & Distribution Manager
Distribution | Frederick, MD | Full Time
McCormick Paints is seeking a Supply Chain & Distribution Manager to work out of our Frederick, MD Manufacturing & Distribution Plant. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and optimization of activities that drive the strategic goals of the Company. Partnering with multiple departments, you will be accountable for delivering performance in safety, quality, customer service, cost efficiency, inventory & production levels, people, and overall continuous improvement. You will also be tasked with leading the effort to optimize our supply chain in order to automate and deliver efficiencies, growth opportunities, and accuracy. In partnership with Senior Management, you will initiate and participate in the development and recommendation of strategies that support the success of the businesses via supply chain, and be proactive in the removal of any barriers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Senior Management, design & develop key metrics and KPIs to drive efficiency, performance, customer satisfaction, control operational costs, and providing visibility for planning of long-term goal-setting
- Introduce technology solutions and automation to optimize supply chain processes, asset tracking, reporting capabilities, and facilitate planning efforts
- Manage financial goals, capital investment programs, budgets, and operating plans
- Responsible for developing rolling forecasts and inventory plan, in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, Purchasing and Production.
- Measure and report financial performance metrics against budget; making recommendations for allocations and/or adjustments to Logistics budget in response to changing conditions
- Build pipeline of new ideas related to cost efficiencies, service enhancements and inventory reduction
- Partner with Purchasing to coordinate and oversee all inventory procedures and systems including Bin Location System, WMS, inventory receiving, shipping, transfers and physical count comparisons.
- Participate and support the development, training, and post auditing of all Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop contingency plans to provide services in emergency situations
- Ensure full compliance with OSHA, DOT, ADA and other governmental regulatory agencies while complying with Company policies concerning health & safety
- Partner effectively with Human Resources on all employee relations, hiring, employee development & training, and work culture improvements
- Communicate often and effectively with facility employees on all issues to create an engaged work force
- Obtain and maintain performance metrics requirements for personnel
- Fleet Management
- Bachelor's degree, in Logistics/Supply Chain, Materials Management, Operations Management or Business
- 5+ years of experience in Operations with evidence of progressively increasing responsibility, with at least 3 years in a leadership or management role in a Distribution Facility or Warehouse
- Successful record of process improvement and automation
- Proven working knowledge of material usage, transportation, logistics and planning systems
- Proficient knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Systems, and Warehouse Slotting software, and various PC applications
- Experience leading people and managing high-performing teams
- Experience coordinating logistics for multi-location distribution
- Experience with private fleet management and DOT compliance
- Good with people, able to manage conflicts to positive outcomes
- Effective communications skills
- Focused on results; can effectively use the skills and knowledge of the team to design and implement solutions
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement principles like Kaizen, 5S, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- Ability to travel regionally
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, “The Paint the Pros Use.” McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.