Sales Representative - Northern Virginia
Sales | Vienna, VA | Full Time
Transform your sales career with McCormick Paints in a fast paced, high activity sales position. We have the perfect opportunity to use your sales talent to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking competitive, self-motivated sales representatives for our Northern Virginia territory, who thrive in a performance-driven sales environment.
McCormick Paints is the leading family owned paint manufacturer in the mid-Atlantic region. We are dedicated to our employees who average tenure of over ten years. Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a company that you will feel a part of and believe in! Our sales approach and training program will set you up for success while our competitive compensation and exciting incentives reward your performance.
As a Sales Rep, you will:
- Receive incentive bonuses, car allowance, and company wide recognition
- Have a full time sales manager & coach
- Be offered career advancement opportunities (we promote from within)
- Have excellent benefits including health, dental, matching 401k, and much more
- Work for a company you can believe in
- You have business-to-business sales experience in paint or other commercial construction products
- OR you are a quick study with unrelated sales experience + a background in Property Services or Construction
- You are highly disciplined with excellent time management skills - you plan your work and work your plan
- You are persistent and resilient and love promoting a product you know will make your clients happy
- Other people describe you as driven and persuasive - a great closer
- You have a strong desire to be in the field hunting for the next sale - you have a talent for developing and growing a sales territory
- In addition to your exceptional one-on-one skills you feel comfortable with digital presentations.
- You've efficiently tracked sales in a database
- You know that sales is driven through communication, and you naturally keep people in the loop
- You like working in an environment that pays for performance
- If you have your college degree that's a plus and we'll also give priority to candidates who know the assigned market
- You have reliable transportation for markets inaccessible to public transportation
ABOUT THE JOB
- Fast-paced, high-activity sales
- Responsible for driving sales to help the company achieve growth goals through all market segments.
- Develop a weekly selling plan and conduct sales calls accordingly
- Making sales calls to existing accounts to obtain orders and establish new accounts
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by testing product, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional associations
- Identify sources of sales leads and follow through on leads provided by store personnel as appropriate.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Gather market intelligence & develop a plan to capture market share
30% of Time
Sales calls to existing customers to service, pursue new opportunities for business, present and demo products and close additional business. Maintain close relationships with key customers and product sell through programs to profitably increase revenues.
30% of Time
Identify and obtain new business. Prospect and call on new business to develop growth opportunities resulting in meeting minimum company new business sales expectations. Develop rapport, open new charge & cash accounts and develop new business sales.
25% of Time
Work target accounts to develop relationships, penetrate customer business, and present McCormick Paints in competitive light to result in achieving sales goals for focused business.
15% of Time
Manage territory to include communication with stores and management, attend company events/ meetings, execute company paperwork including report management, call reports, market intelligence records, pricing, new accounts, credit, product needs and complaint handling.
Sound interesting? We hope you'll click to apply - we'd love to meet you.
A LITTLE MORE INFORMATION
Physical Requirements of the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a temperature controlled office environment or travel via vehicle.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk 30% of the time, stand 30% of the time and sit 40% of the time.
- Position requires some degree of regional travel.
- The employee will occasionally lift and or carry up to 25 lbs.
- Employee may use computer, phone, copier and other office equipment in the course of a day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, touch and use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, grasp, talk, hear, and walk during the course of employment.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
- Employee will be exposed to regional weather.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.