Sales Representative - Fredericksburg, VA
Sales | Fredericksburg, VA | Full Time
Transform your sales career with McCormick Paints in a fast paced, high activity sales position. We have the perfect opportunity to use your sales talent to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking competitive, self-motivated sales representatives who thrive in a performance-driven sales environment for our Fredericksburg, VA territory.
McCormick Paints’ is the leading family-owned paint manufacturer in the mid-Atlantic region. We are dedicated to our employees who average tenure of over ten years. Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a company that you will feel a part of and believe in! Our sales approach and training program will set you up for success while our competitive compensation and exciting incentives reward your performance.
As a Sales Rep, you will receive:
- Competitive Pay
- Incentive bonuses, car allowance, and company wide recognition
- Full time sales manager & coach
- Career advancement opportunities (we promote from within)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Disability & Life Insurance Package
- 401(k) with employer match
- Parental Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Responsible for driving sales to help the company achieve growth goals through all market segments.
- Develop a weekly selling plan and conduct sales calls accordingly
- Making sales calls to existing accounts to obtain orders and establish new accounts
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by testing product, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional associations
- Identify sources of sales leads and follow through on leads provided by store personnel as appropriate.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Gather market intelligence & develop a plan to capture market share
Are you persistent, resilient, and able to maximize your sales strategies through the efficient use of your time and activity? Then, get ready to demonstrate your drive, persuasive abilities, and talent for developing & growing a sales territory. Here’s what you will need to qualify for this exciting opportunity.
Sales Rep Requirements:
- Highly disciplined with excellent time management skills
- Strong desire to be in the field hunting for the next sale
- Ability to handle rejection and overcome objection
- Computer & presentation skills
- Excellent communication in a team atmosphere
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
College degree is preferred and previous sales experience is required. Knowledge of the assigned market is ideal, but not required.
30% of Time
Sales calls to existing customers to service, pursue new opportunities for business, present and demo products and close additional business. Maintain close relationships with key customers and product sell through programs to profitably increase revenues.
30% of Time
Identify and obtain new business. Prospect and call on new business to develop growth opportunities resulting in meeting minimum company new business sales expectations. Develop rapport, open new charge & cash accounts and develop new business sales.
25% of Time
Work target accounts to develop relationships, penetrate customer business, and present McCormick Paints in competitive light to result in achieving sales goals for focused business.
15% of Time
Manage territory to include communication with stores and management, attend company events/ meetings, execute company paperwork including report management, call reports, market intelligence records, pricing, new accounts, credit, product needs and complaint handling.
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, “The Paint the Pros Use.” McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.