Sales Representative - Baltimore
Sales | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
Transform your sales career with McCormick Paints in a fast paced, highly rewarding sales position. We have the perfect opportunity to use your sales talent to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a competitive, self-motivated sales person to help us grow the Baltimore market as an authorized Benjamin Moore dealer.
McCormick Paints’ operates as the largest and oldest family-owned paint manufacturer in the mid-Atlantic region. We are dedicated to our employees who average tenure of over ten years. Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a company that you will feel a part of and believe in! Our sales approach and training programs will set you up for success, while our competitive compensation and exciting incentives reward your performance.
As a Sales Rep, you will receive:
- Competitive salary, incentive bonuses, car allowance, and company wide recognition
- Full time sales manager & coach
- Career advancement opportunities (we promote from within)
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k, and much more.
Are you persistent, resilient, and able to maximize your sales strategies through the efficient use of your time and activity? Then, get ready to demonstrate your drive, persuasive abilities, and talent for developing & growing a sales territory. Here’s what you will need to qualify for this exciting opportunity.
Sales Rep Requirements:
- Highly disciplined with excellent time management skills
- Strong desire to be in the field hunting for the next sale
- Ability to handle rejection and overcome objection
- Computer & presentation skills
- Excellent communication in a team atmosphere
- Responsible for driving sales to help the company achieve growth goals through all market segments.
- Develop a weekly selling plan and conduct sales calls accordingly
- Making sales calls to existing accounts to obtain orders and establish new accounts
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by testing product, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional associations
- Identify sources of sales leads and follow through on leads provided by store personnel as appropriate.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Gather market intelligence & develop a plan to capture market share
Education & Experience:
College degree is preferred and previous sales experience is required. Knowledge of the assigned market is ideal, but not required.
30% of Time
Sales calls to existing customers to service, pursue new opportunities for business, present and demo products and close additional business. Maintain close relationships with key customers and product sell through programs to profitably increase revenues.
30% of Time
Identify and obtain new business. Prospect and call on new business to develop growth opportunities resulting in meeting minimum company new business sales expectations. Develop rapport, open new charge & cash accounts and develop new business sales.
25% of Time
Work target accounts to develop relationships, penetrate customer business, and present McCormick Paints in competitive light to result in achieving sales goals for focused business.
15% of Time
Manage territory to include communication with stores and management, attend company events/ meetings, execute company paperwork including report management, call reports, market intelligence records, pricing, new accounts, credit, product needs and complaint handling.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status