Sales & Operations Coordinator
HQ | Rockville, MD | Full Time
McCormick Paints is looking for a motivated, customer-focused individual to be our Sales and Operations Coordinator to work out of our Rockville, MD office. In this role, you will be a key contributor to functions essential to the productivity of both our sales and operations teams. These include reporting, planning, sales and operations process optimization, initial customer interaction, and office support. This role reports to the VP of Sales & Marketing and works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the appropriate objectives and priorities within the sales and operations teams are supported.
You must be a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment with an affinity for optimizing processes and investigating data. If this sounds like you and you are eager to learn and grow your career, this is the job for you!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with miscellaneous sales, marketing, operations and administrative duties for management
- Update and manage organizational information sources with daily, weekly, monthly, and annual data
- Identify opportunities and implement changes to increase efficiency within, and across the sales and operations teams
- Develop and perform internal daily audits to detect errors and ensure data integrity
- Track weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, financial statements and requests from the sales and operations teams; Compile and disseminate results and presentations for management
- Assist with preparation for customer presentations and events
- Monitor and respond to customer inquiries
- Support time card review for payroll processing in coordination with HR
- Support new employee onboarding and offboarding efforts in coordination with HR and other departments, including paperwork preparation and collection, account set-ups and de-activations, training scheduling
- Support training program efforts
- Coordinate and facilitate store maintenance and equipment repair
- Other duties, as needed
- Bachelor's degree required. Emphasis on Business, preferred but not required
- 3+ years of administrative support, preferably in sales support or in an analytic, quantitative role
- 100% Customer-Oriented attitude, thinking on the fly and great interpersonal skills!
- Ability to function independently with a high degree of accuracy and accountability
- Excellent organizational skills, adherence to deadlines, ability to prioritize, and handle multiple projects at once.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills--ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies
- Professional email writing and speaking skills necessary to communicate clearly and accurately
- Proficiency in computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Proficiency in analyzing, synthesizing and presenting data
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Competitive Pay
- Direct interaction with senior leadership team
- Career advancement opportunities (we promote from within)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Disability & Life Insurance Package
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, “The Paint the Pros Use.” McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.