Regional Sales Manager – MD & DE
Sales | Gaithersburg, MD | Full Time
Transform your sales career with McCormick Paints in a fast paced, high activity sales position. We have the perfect opportunity to use your sales talent to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking competitive, self-motivated Regional Sales Manager who thrives in a performance-driven sales environment for our Maryland and Delaware territory. This position will require a combination of remote and in-person work, with frequent regional travel.
Mission Statement: To foster enduring partnerships by delivering customized solutions and color inspiration.
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, “The Paint the Pros Use.” McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a company that you will feel a part of and believe in! Our sales approach and training program will set you up for success while our competitive compensation and exciting incentives reward your performance.
Transform your sales career with McCormick Paints in a fast paced, high activity sales position. We have the perfect opportunity to use your sales talent to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking competitive, self-motivated sales representatives who thrive in a performance-driven sales environment for our Maryland and Delaware territory.
- Oversee the activities and performance of the regional sales team
- Establish key metrics and objectives for Sales Representatives to clearly define measurements of success
- Responsible for driving sales to help the company achieve growth goals
- Drive achievement of company’s goals through all Market Segments
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Responsible for achieving established sales budget, new business and margin goals
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Ownership of key customers & target accounts
- Identify emerging opportunities and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Provide on the ground support for sales reps as they generate new leads and help close deals
FUNCTIONAL BREAKDOWN OF ROLE
50% of Time
Seeking out major clients and forming working relationships with the premier buyers within the region. Leading and managing a team of sales representatives. Forming sales strategies to keep the company competitive, innovative., and drive profitable revenues. Assist sales representatives in landing and closing deals.
35% of Time
Identify and obtain new business & target accounts. Prospect and call on new business to develop growth opportunities resulting in meeting minimum company new business sales expectations. Work target accounts to develop relationships, penetrate customer business, and present McCormick Paints in a competitive light to result in achieving sales goals for the region.
15% of Time
Communication with stores, segment leaders, and upper management. Attend company events & customer or association events. Execute company reports, gather market intelligence, pricing, new accounts, credit, product needs, and complaint handling.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Experience managing and directing a sales team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding mentoring, coaching, people management, and leadership skills
- Proven track record of driving the sales process from plan to close
- Excellent listening, negotiating, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel regionally with frequency
- Competitive Pay
- Incentive bonuses, company car, reasonable expenses, and mileage reimbursement
- Direct interaction with senior leadership team
- Career advancement opportunities (we promote from within)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Disability & Life Insurance Package
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.