Part-Time Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
Accounting | Lutherville-Timonium, MD | Part Time
McCormick Paints is looking for a part-time Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant for our Timonium, MD location.
The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with purchasing, purchase orders, invoicing, auditing and store paperwork. As a member of the store team, the Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant will promote an environment focused on customer service and adherence to policies & procedures.
This is a part-time position for approximately 20 hours per week. The expected hours are Monday through Friday, 10am-2pm. This is not a remote-work position and will be based out of the Timonium, MD location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Store Manager with creating and submitting vendor purchase orders
- Input incoming vendor invoices, including vouchering, auditing and updating.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Check and input receipts to purchase orders and verify for accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree, or higher
- Minimum 3 years of office administration/accounting experience
- Previous experience with Great Plains Dynamics, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Dependability, flexibility and professional demeanor
- A self-motivated, engaged, team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- Must be able to pass background check
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, “The Paint the Pros Use.” McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.