Non-CDL Driver - Chantilly, VA
Retail VA | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
McCormick Paints is seeking a NON-CDL DRIVER in Chantilly, VA. Primarily responsible for delivering merchandise. The Driver is also responsible for assisting customers, selling merchandise, obtaining merchandise for customers’ orders, organizing, stocking, mixing & matching paint colors, loading and unloading merchandise, and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Load delivery van with paint & sundry products, double checking to ensure that orders are correctly filled
- Plan delivery route according to priorities assigned & keeps log book of deliveries
- Deliver & unload orders at specified customer locations (keeping supply of paint sticks, etc. on vehicle) and ensuring customer is satisfied with receipt of order prior to leaving location
- Return signed delivery tickets and payments (if any) to store
- Communicate any problems with deliveries or customers to Store Manager
- Maintain vehicle log, according to state and federal regulations
- Inspect vehicle equipment & supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water to ensure proper working order and safety
- Keep accurate service reports and notify fleet manager immediately of basic maintenance needs on vehicle or mechanical problems
- When not making deliveries, works inside store to assist with customers
- Assist with stocking and cleaning of store shelves, counter areas and floors
- Assist with unloading and stocking of trailer orders
- Perform scheduled store cleaning and maintenance duties
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree, or equivalent, required
- Minimum of 1-year delivery experience
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
- Bilingual - Spanish preferred, but not required
- Ability to work effectively in a customer-centered environment
- Attention to detail
- Dependability, flexibility and professional demeanor
- Energetic and positive attitude
- A self-motivated, engaged, team player
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Applicants must disclose any physical problems which may interfere with job performance.
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs. 5 feet from the floor; balance and load 260 lb. paint drums with drum cart.
- Upon delivery, must be able to unload vehicle and carry paint and other products to required site.
- May be able to stand for several hours at a time.
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, “The Paint the Pros Use.” McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.