IT Support Technician
HQ | Rockville, MD | Full Time
We are looking for a qualified IT Support Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks, aiming for the highest functionality. You will also be responsible for training users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
This is not a remote-work position and will be based out of the office in Rockville, MD.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide user support in the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of Windows Operating systems (Windows 10), Microsoft Office, related hardware, and line of business software
- Perform technical, operational, and training support for hardware and software to users via phone, remotely and in-person, answering user questions as needed
- Perform hardware and software diagnostics, troubleshoot problems and coordinate needed repairs
- Provide support for mobile devices including configuration and email synchronization
- Maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Create user accounts and administer user access within Active Directory
- Provide technical support for remote access and troubleshoots connectivity issues
- Operate, Maintain and Provide support to point of sale software
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or relevant field or five years of equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- 2+ years’ experience on current network operating systems
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- In-depth understanding of diverse MS Windows environment and networks
- Proficiency with installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows operating systems
- Experience with MS Office365 environments (MS Access desired)
- Experience with Remote Desktop, NAT, VPN and Wireless connectivity
- Experience with Communication and collaboration tools (Zoom, Skype, TeamViewer)
- Experience configuring mobile devices (iPhone, Android)
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel regionally
Required Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ and CompTIA Net+
- Other industry certifications encouraged
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Disability & Life Insurance Package
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Career advancement opportunities (we promote from within)
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, “The Paint the Pros Use.” McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.