Accounting | Rockville, MD | Full Time
McCormick Paints is seeking a Corporate Controller at our headquarters in Rockville, MD.
The Controller is responsible for leading the Finance & Accounting Team and manages all day-to-day accounting, budgeting, auditing, and resource planning activities. This hands-on Controller position reports to the CFO and serve a broad and critical role as a business partner to the organization, helping to ensure that high-quality financial information is created and used to drive decisions and operations in this highly entrepreneurial, fast-moving company. This person will be responsible for all accounting operations, financial reporting, and internal controls; help develop budgets and build financial planning & analysis capabilities and support strategic finance activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the management and execution of the company’s accounting and financial reporting functions
- Manage all accounting activities including monthly close, accounts payable, payroll, and additional processes to ensure proper accounting of company business
- Create monthly financial statements, analyses and other key management reports
- Develop, maintain and enhance internal controls to assure protection of company assets
- Oversee annual audit
- Ensure compliance with all state and local tax agencies
- Maintain accounting and financial reporting policies and processes in compliance with GAAP
- Prepare the annual operating plan and capital budget, utilizing forecasting models to generate long-term financial projections
- Assist CFO with external financing and investment management activities
- Other duties, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or advanced degree in Accounting and CPA
- 7+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience
- 3 to 5 years in the role of controller or assistant controller
- Management of accounting staff
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- 2 plus years of experience with Great Plains Dynamics accounting software
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and technical skills including modeling /financial analysis
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, communication skills
- Strong skills in technology with experience in accounting automation.
- Ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced environment
- Accounting experience with multiple locations
- Experience with Point-of-Sales (POS) System
- Experience with migration from paper-based accounting system to digital system
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Disability & Life Insurance Package
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, “The Paint the Pros Use.” McCormick Paints prides itself on its ability to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.