Assistant Store Manager - Chesapeake, VA
Retail | Chesapeake, VA | Full Time
McCormick Paints is looking for an Assistant Store Manager for our Chesapeake, VA location. The Assistant Manager is responsible for directly assisting the Store Manager with ensuring that assigned store, and all store employees, are running at optimum effectiveness. This includes promoting an environment focused on customer service, sales growth and adherence to policies & procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following essential job functions:
- Work in store to assist with customers, sell merchandise and obtain merchandise for customer orders
- Answer customer questions concerning location, price, and use of materials
- Assist in determining customer needs with regard to their specific project
- Process sales and payments after verifying account numbers, authorized signature and purchase orders for charge customers
- Mix & match paint for customer orders, checking for accuracy
- Assist in management of other store employees, as necessary
- Assist with accurate & timely processing of administrative paperwork
- Place orders with purchasing manager for special orders
- Assist in the routine updating of price books, customer account card changes, and filing of paperwork
- Assist with stocking and cleaning of store shelves, counter areas and floors
- Assist with unloading and stocking of trailer deliveries
- Assist with scheduled store cleaning and maintenance duties
- Perform delivery duties, as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school degree, or higher
- Minimum 3 years of retail experience
- 1+ years of Management experience
- Bilingual-Spanish, preferred
- Must have previous paint industry experience
- Ability to work effectively in a customer-centered environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate a diverse group of people
- Dependability, flexibility and professional demeanor
- Previous experience in paint industry, preferred
- A self-motivated, engaged, team player with a positive attitude
- Must have clean driving record
- Must be able to pass background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Applicants must disclose any physical problems which may interfere with job performance.
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs. 5 feet from the floor; balance and load 260 lb. paint drums with drum cart.
- Upon delivery, must be able to unload vehicle and carry paint and other products to required site.
- May be able to stand for several hours at a time.
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, “The Paint the Pros Use.” McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.