Travel Team Registered Nurse
Education | Duncan, OK | Full Time
TITLE: Travel Team Registered Nurse
REPORTS TO: Clinical Compliance Director
At Mays, we take pride in the quality service that we provide our patients. If you have a passion for providing excellent care to patients, we want you to be part of our work family. Whether your field is nursing, therapy, personal care, administration, or marketing—at the end of the day, it is all about our patients that we get the honor of serving.
Full-time benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental insurance with life, paid time off, and generous 401(k) matching.
1. Is a registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of assignment. Required to have a compact licensure.
2. Prefer one year of clinical experience, with current home health, medical, surgical or critical care experience.
3. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
4. Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has completed the agency pre employment health clearance.
5. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good working order.
6. Have satisfactory references from current employers, and/or professional peers.
7. Has excellent observation, good clinical judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
8. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision. Has good organizational skills.
9. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
10. Computer Skills at the intermediate level.
11. Ability to develop interesting and dynamic presentations.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with individual ages of those served.
13. Demonstrates the ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
14. Positive attitude.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Travel Team Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting agency offices in setting up and teaching staff/supervisors methods to ensure agency processes are followed, and monitor offices for compliance. If offices are having difficulty implementing agency processes, the Travel Team Registered Nurse will assist in developing an office specific plan to aid in improving organizational functions. In cooperation and collaboration with multiple disciplines, as needed, the Travel Team Registered Nurse trains DON/Regionals, RN Clinical Supervisors, and RN/LPN/LVN Field Staff on the Point of Care System utilizing agency policy and procedures, federal and state regulations, and agency education guidelines. Clinician will be required to travel and stay in area assigned to, and be on site at new and current offices. As necessary for the agency good and patient/client need, the Travel Team Registered Nurse performs patient/client visits.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Assists with development, implementation, and evaluation of orientation and preceptorship program for offices new to the HCHB system through a variety of media, classroom presentation, and one on one training.
2. Assists with development, implementation, and revision as needed, of training manuals and materials of POC System to meet agency policy and state and federal regulations.
3. Goes to assigned offices and assists the Education Team, Regional Director, and DON with new agency implementation.
4. Assists assigned offices in setting up employees work space to increase organization and structural flow of new/changed agency process.
5. Provides staff meetings and individual training as needed to educate staff on agency processes.
6. Assists office staff in establishing short and immediate-term goals in setting priorities and developing plan of action during transition period.
7. Provides ongoing education and support to assigned offices as issues arise during transition period.
8. Works with education department reporting areas in which additional training is needed and provides assistance in process improvement of assigned offices.
9. Commits to maintain clinical expertise through CE opportunities and retraining.
10. Attends agency meetings as directed.
11. Provides ongoing education and support to offices new to the POC/HCHB system.
12. Serves as a clinical resource person for staff, offering direction, consultation, and orientation to new procedures, equipment, etc. as needs arise related to the POC/HCHB System.
13. Maintains training records, sign in sheets and submits reports as directed.
14. Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
15. Other duties as requested by the Clinical Compliance Director.
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. General office.
2. Community and home environment.
3. Exposure due to infectious diseases.
4. In and out of automobile.
5. This position has been classified as a class II clinical management position (see infection/exposure control plan) employees performing class II clinical management position duties may be involved in potential exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. All class II clinical management employees will be offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
1. Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and prolonged sitting and standing.
3. Ability to deal effectively with stress. Flexibility in routine is to be expected frequently, as needs dictates.
4. Ability to travel long distances, and stay overnight at current assignments.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Must meet the required continuing education hours for state certification/licensure in the state of Texas as applicable. Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
I have read and fully understand all information in the above job description. I meet the stated job qualifications, and am mentally and physically able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the above job description.