Therapy Documentation Specialist
Home Health | Wetumka, OK | Full Time
TITLE: Therapy DOCUMENTATION Specialist (TdS)
REPORTS TO: Clerical Supervisor
- Must have previous MS Word and Excel experience, preferably in home health or similar operation. Able to use a variety of software applications. Computer proficiency.
- Prefer a minimum of one-year practical experience, or graduation from a one or two year business college. Minimum requirement of high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Prefer ability to type at least 50 words per minute. Has ability to use personal computer, copier, and facsimile machine.
- Prefer knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must have basic understanding of visit frequencies and therapy timelines
- Must be highly attentive to details and accuracy.
- Must be able to be assertive in a productive and cooperative way with authority figures, e.g. therapy companies and therapists while maintaining excellent rapport and customer service.
- Must have excellent organizational, time management, communication, interpersonal and phone skills.
- Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Must have a positive attitude.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary objective for the TDS is to manage and maintain all therapy documentation and clerical visit management for therapy patients for a multitude of areas. This will include ensuring all timelines are met, frequencies are followed, documentation is complete and attached within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). The TDS will ensure all therapy documentation is received and reconcile any incomplete documentation with the therapy companies daily. The TDS will be responsible for running all therapy reports as scheduled to ensure visits are completed accurately and timely for payment processing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Promotes a positive work environment by consistently modeling in a positive way, agency philosophy, mission, values, and standards of care, and providing a professional role model for other staff.
- Keeps up with workflow in a timely manner by addressing the tasks periodically throughout each day.
- Obtains therapy notes/documentation from all sources and reconciles missing/incomplete documents daily.
- Performs a clerical QA on all therapy documents and reconcile any incomplete documentation.
- Verifies the visits within the scheduling console, attach therapy notes within the EMR, complete all therapy tracking orders and plots visits as necessary on a daily basis.
- Schedule all therapy visits in collaboration with the therapy companies to ensure all Reassment timelines are met.
- Maintains all Therapy Coordination and Authorizations forms. Ensures signatures are obtained timely and new forms are initiated when applicable. Attaches all completed forms to the EMR on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with therapist, therapy companies, therapy coordinators, Directors of Nursing, Clinical Supervisors etc. as necessary to complete all clerical therapy tasks.
- Run and address all therapy reports as scheduled to ensure visits are completed accurately and timely.
- Enter all personal non-visit activity for approval daily.
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel ay be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities and will be directed by their Clerical Supervisor as the need arises.
- General office with prolonged periods of computer usage
- Frequent telephone activity
- This position has been designated Class III office position (see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class III office position duties are not at risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. All Class III office position employees will not be offered Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively deal with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
I have read, and fully understand all information in the above job description. I meet the stated job qualifications, and am mentally and physically able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the above job description.
_________________________ _________________________ ________________
Full Name (Printed) Signature Date