Private Duty Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse
Home Health | Spiro, OK | Full Time
- Is currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse in the State. Prefer one year pediatric nursing experience. Community/home health or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Administer medications, take and record vitals/physical assessment. Work with pediatricians to ensure that proper treatment is administered at all times. Ensure safety of children at all times. Provide emotional support to children and families. Assist child with daily care such as grooming, bathing, toileting. Provide one on one patient care. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with individual ages of those served.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has completed the agency pre-employment health clearance.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision; has good organizational skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good working order.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The licensed practical/vocational nurse furnishes services in accordance with agency policies, prepares clinical and progress notes, assists the physician and registered nurse in performing specialized procedures, prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required; and assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques. (COP §484.30(b))
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provides safe home health services to patients/clients and families/caregivers.
- Implements plan of care initiated by the RN Clinical Supervisor in collaboration with the physician. Assists the registered nurse or physician in carrying out the plan of care.
- Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized patient/client care documentation consistent with the plan of care. Submits accurate documentation.
- Assesses and provides patient/client and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care as established by the registered nurse. . Documentation addresses problems identified in the on going assessment or provides documentation of rationale for not doing so. Documentation reflects communication and condition of the patient.
- Assists the patient/client and family/caregiver in learning home nursing procedures, self-care techniques and other care needs as appropriate to the patient’s/client's condition. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as directed by the registered nurse and ordered by the physician.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Participates in personal professional growth and development. Responsible for keeping current in nursing trends and knowledge. Participates in In-service programs. Participates in Quality Improvement program of the agency. Can verbalize own responsibilities and activities.
- Participates in public relations and community activities that promote the Agencies role as an effective member of the health care delivery system.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Exposure to infectious diseases. Home environment In and out of automobile.
- This position has been designated Class I Field staff position (see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class I Field staff position duties may be involved in potential exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. All Class I Field staff position employees will be offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Must meet the required continuing education hours for state certification as a nurse in Texas as applicable. Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.