LPN Face to Face Coordinator
Home Health | Durant, OK | Full Time
TITLE: Face to Face Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Development
- Currently licensed as practical/vocational nurse in the state of practice or previous work experience in medical field with knowledge of medical terminology.
- Prefer 1 year of nursing or work experience in health care setting. Community/home health or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has completed the agency pre-employment health clearance.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good working order.
- Has satisfactory references from current employers and/or professional peers
- Have excellent observation and communication skills.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with individual ages of those served.
- Demonstrates an ability to work as a team member with professional and administrative personnel.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and phone skills.
- Assertive and quick. Able to multi-task.
- Accurate and detailed.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and adhere to all state laws while driving.
- Must possess automobile liability insurance.
- Must have dependable transportation kept in good working condition.
- Must be able to drive an automobile in various types of weather/road conditions.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinators will review Face to Face documentation using the Federal and State regulations and agency guidelines to ensure all requirements are documented within the Face to Face visit note. Coordinate with office staff for any inadequate details. After evaluating all required information are documented, coordinators will process the Face to Face.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provides a positive work environment by consistently modeling in a positive way, the agency philosophy, mission, values, and standards of care, and providing a professional role model for other staff.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations and follows agency protocol maintaining confidentiality and does not improperly disclose of patient information.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Is diligent in activities that ensure advanced proficiency in Homecare Homebase (HCHB) Electronic Health Record (EHR). Actively seeks out training and continuing education in agency processes including participation in offered classroom training and e-learning courses. Communicates as appropriate with staff, physicians, referral sources, community, patients, potential patients, caregivers, and others involved in care.
- As requested by the HCHB Education Center Director, will assist with the development, implementation and revision, as needed, of materials to meet agency policy and state and federal regulations.
- Provides Ongoing Education and support according to agency policy.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Reviews various types of coordination notes which communicate pertinent patient information or data related to Face to Face notes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities and will be directed by their HCHB Education Center Director as the need arises.
- General office.
- Work is moderate with a combination of sitting, standing, and walking
- Visual and manual dexterity is required
- Good physical stamina and mental health is required. Has completed the agency pre-employment health clearance.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Must meet the required continuing education hours for state certification as a nurse in Texas as applicable. Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.