Hospice Branch Supervisor RN
Hospice | Antlers, OK | Full Time
Mays Hospice Care
TITLE: Branch Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Services
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Branch Supervisor is responsible for overall care coordination and case management activities in their assigned branch office. The Branch Supervisor ensures that care/services, delivered by the staff, meet the patient/client needs.
- Is a registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Is a graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing.
- Prefer 6 months to 1 year of management or supervisory experience in health care setting, preferably hospice care.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment health clearance.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good working order.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Has satisfactory references from current employers and/or professional peers.
- Has excellent observation and communication skills.
- Is self directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient/client information related to case, including disciplines required, to determine anticipated hospice needs. Assigns appropriate case managers to case.
- Reviews and evaluates patient care by reviewing the services provided by case managers, clinicians, and clinical record reviews, to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality hospice services.
- Ensures patient's/client's medical diagnosis, medications, procedures and plan of care are appropriate to patient needs.
- Assists case manager and clinicians in establishing short and immediate-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of care.
- Supervises and schedules ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Services to conduct monthly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to appropriate agency personnel.
- Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new agency personnel and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel.
- Assists the Director of Education in the planning, implementation and evaluation of in-service and continuing education programs.
- Assist superiors, as directed, in formulating, revising, implementing, and evaluating policies and procedures, as well as strategic goals and objectives.
- Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the Agency's role as an effective member of the health care delivery system. Also participates with the CEC in obtaining referrals for admission.
- Performance appraisal of direct subordinates is completed according to agency policies and procedures, assisting subordinates with professional growth and development.
- Ensures proper maintenance of clinical records according to agency policies and procedures, and in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Demonstrates understanding of the Agency's mission, vision, philosophy and standards of care, through behaviors, which supports this.
- Is available for emergencies involving health care staff members and clients.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- General office
- Community home environment
- This position has been designated Class I (see policy 9-001). Employees performing Class I duties may be involved in potential exposure to blood borne pathogens. All Class I employees will be offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
- Exposure to infectious diseases
- In and out of automobile
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
I have read, and fully understand all information in the above job description. I meet the stated job qualifications, and am mentally and physically able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the above job description.