Home Health Aide
Home Health | Kingston, OK | Full Time and Part Time
Home Health Aide
Reports to DON
At Mays, we take pride in the quality service that we provide our patients. If you have a passion for providing excellent care to patients, we want you to be part of our work family. Whether your field is nursing, therapy, personal care, administration, or marketing—at the end of the day, it is all about our patients that we get the honor of serving.
About the Position
Do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of others? Do you have caregiving experience as a Certified Home Health Aide or CNA? Are you looking for a rewarding work setting with one-on-one patient care?
The Home Health Aide is a paraprofessional member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Therapist and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client's needs. The home health aide is responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations, and documenting observations and care performed. The home health aide will be assigned in a manner which promotes quality, continuity, and safety of a client's care.
- In Oklahoma is a Certified Home Health Aide, or a current OK CNA or LTCA willing to train for certification.
- In Kansas is a Certified Home Health Aide, or a current KS CNA willing to train and test for certification.
- In Texas is a CNA in good standing on the TX nurse aide registry, or (A) has minimum of one-year full-time experience in direct client care in an institutional setting (hospital or nursing facility) or (B) one year full-time experience within the last five years in direct client care in an agency setting.
- Is at least 18 years of age and maintains good physical stamina and mental health.
- Can pass pre-employment background and health screening.
- Is a licensed driver with insured automobile that is in good working order.
- Ability to read/follow written instructions and to document care given to client.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Exhibits tact, patience, and empathy for the needs of those who are ill, injured, frail, or impaired.
- Demonstrates flexibility and cooperation in fulfilling role obligation.
What You Will Do
- Personal care such as baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos, changing bed linen, dressing/undressing clients, skin care and prevention of skin breakdown, and toileting activities.
- Supportive services such as homemaking and other environmental services to facilitate a sanitary and safe care environment.
- Assist in ambulation and range of motion services.
- Observe, report, and document client care and condition.
This is not a full list of duties and responsibilities. A full job description will be provided.
Our agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.