HCHB RN Educator
Home Health | Ada, OK | Full Time
HCHB RN EDUCATOR
REPORTS TO: HCHB EDUCATION SITE DIRECTOR
- Is a registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of practice.
- Prefer one year of clinical experience, with current home health, medical, surgical or critical care experience.Home Health HCHB experience preferred.Education experience is a plus.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has completed the agency pre employment health clearance.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Have satisfactory references from current employers, and/or professional peers.
- Has excellent observation, good clinical judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision. Has good organizational skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Computer Skills at the intermediate level.
- Ability to develop interesting and dynamic presentations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with individual ages of those served.
- Demonstrates the ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Positive attitude.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
In cooperation and collaboration with multiple disciplines, as needed, the HCHB RN Educator trains RN Clinical Supervisors, and RN Field Staff on the Point of Care System utilizing agency policy and procedures, federal and state regulations, and agency education guidelines. As necessary for the agency good and patient/client need, the HCHB RN Educator performs patient/client visits.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Assists with development, implementation, and evaluation of orientation and preceptorship program for new agency personnel in addition to offices new to the HCHB system through a variety of media, classroom presentation, one on one training as needed. Collaborates and coordinates with HCHB Education Site Director as needed on revision of classroom training and schedule of
- classes and training times.
- Assists with development, implementation, and revision as needed, of training manuals and materials of POC System to meet agency policy and state and federal regulations.
- Provides ongoing education and support to offices new to the POC system.
- Serves as a clinical resource person for staff, offering direction, consultation, and orientation to new procedures, equipment, etc. as needs arise related to the POC System.
- Maintains training records, sign in sheets and submits reports as directed.
- Commits to maintain clinical expertise through CE opportunities and retraining.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- General office.
- Community and home environment
- Exposure due to infectious diseases.
- In and out of automobile
- This position has been classified as a class II clinical management position (see infection/exposure control plan) employees performing class II clinical management position duties may be involved in potential exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. All class II clinical management employees will be offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and prolonged sitting and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress. Flexibility in routine is to be expected frequently, as needs dictates. CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Must meet the required continuing education hours for state certification/licensure in the state of Texas as applicable. Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
I have read and fully understand all information in the above job description. I meet the stated job qualifications, and am mentally and physically able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the above job description.
_________________________ _________________________ ________________
Full Name (Printed) Signature Date