HCHB Internal Support Clerical Specialist
Home Health | Antlers, OK | Full Time
TITLE: HCHB INTERNAL SUPPORT CLERICAL SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: HCHB INTERNAL SUPPORT MANAGER
- Must have previous Microsoft Office experience, preferably in home health or similar operation. Able to use a variety of software applications. Computer proficiency.
- Prefer a minimum of one-year practical experience, or graduation from a one or two year business college. Minimum requirement of high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Prefer ability to type at least 50 words per minute. Has ability to use personal computer, scanner, copier, and facsimile machine.
- Prefer knowledge of medical terminology.
- Prefer knowledge of home care. Must understand the issues related to the delivery of home health services and be able to problem solve effectively. Must possess knowledge of the Medicare guidelines governing home health agencies or have experience/abilities that indicate with training they would excel.
- Must be highly attentive to details and accuracy.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and phone skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Must have a positive attitude.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The HCHB Internal Support Clerical Specialist is part of the support team who constantly monitors for incoming service requests and provides answers to questions and solutions for issues reported by HCHB users. He/she will give direction in accordance and compliance with Medicare guidelines. He/she will submit requests to HCHB for assistance for issues that they are not able to resolve. He/she will run and monitor reports as directed by their supervisor to ensure staff in branch locations is compliant with completing workflow and other tasks timely.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Works with the software company to increase knowledge base of Point of Care (POC) Software System.
- Promotes a positive work environment by consistently modeling in a positive way, agency philosophy, mission, values, and standards of care, and providing a professional role model for other staff.
- Constantly monitors incoming service requests and provide technical support to HCHB users.
- Provides answers to questions regarding the device and/or the office computer.
- Provides solutions for issues reported by HCHB users
- Coordinates with the software company to obtain answers and solutions when a resolution is unknown.
- Answer phone using professional phone etiquette.
- Run and monitor reports as directed to ensure staff in branch locations is compliant with completing workflow and other tasks timely.
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel ay be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities and will be directed by the HCHB Internal Support Manager as the need arises.
- General office with prolonged periods of computer usage
- Frequent telephone activity
- This position has been designated Class III office position (see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class III office position duties are not at risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. All Class III office position employees will not be offered Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively deal with stress.
- Ability to problem solve and provide support to staff who are experiencing technical difficulties.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
I have read, and fully understand all information in the above job description. I meet the stated job qualifications, and am mentally and physically able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the above job description.