Full Time Per Unit Field Licensed Practical Nurse Hospice
Hospice | Guymon, OK | Full Time
Health Watch Hospice
Job Title/Position: Licensed Practical Nurse
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor/Director of Nurses
At Mays, we take pride in the quality service that we provide our patients. If you have a passion for providing excellent care to patients, we want you to be part of our work family. Whether your field is nursing, therapy, personal care, administration, or marketing—at the end of the day, it is all about our patients that we get the honor of serving.
Full-time benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental insurance with life, paid time off, and generous 401(k) matching.
Job Description Summary
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements current nursing practice following a patient assessment and an approved plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for hospice interdisciplinary group members. Examples include hospice aide, MSW, Volunteer, or Clinical Supervisor.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in organization's quality management program.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
- Three years nursing experience. Community health/hospice or medical/surgical
experience is preferred.
- Currently licensed as an LPN/LVN in the State.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Understands philosophy of hospice concept. Also understands needs of the terminally ill.