Full Time LPN/LVN Coordinator
Home Health | Eufaula, OK | Full Time
TITLE: LPN/LVN Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of nursing (DON)
Is currently licensed as a licensed practical/vocational nurse in the State.
Prefer at least 1-year nursing experience. Community/home health or medical/surgical experience is preferred. Must understand the issues related to the delivery to home health and able to problem solve effectively.
Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has completed the agency pre-employment health clearance.
Has good organizational skills.
Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligations. Willing to be a part of a team.
Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good working order. Able to drive in various types of weather and/or road conditions.
Has excellent observation and communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal and phone skills.
Assertive and quick. Able to multi-task.
Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with individual ages of those served.
Accurate and detailed.
Must possess intermediate computer skills
Must be willing to comply with accepted professional standards and principles.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The LPN/LVN Coordinator will be working closely and have a good working relationship with each of the Clinical Supervisors.
2. The LPN/LVN Coordinator will complete the Recert/DC Case Conference Coordination Note incorporating data that they have collected from the following; the patient’s primary care physician, inpatient facility records (if applicable), pharmacy records, and by reviewing the narratives & patient process notes from prior skilled nursing assessments to see if the patient is a candidate to be recertified.
3. The LPN/LVN coordinator will keep an active list of Recerts Due Report and will work to stay 2 weeks ahead with the recert/d/c decisions.
4. The LPN/LVN Coordinator will actively participate in the weekly case conference.
5. The LPN/LVN Coordinator can call and obtain a verbal order from the PCP’s office to recertify the patient if deemed.
6. The LPN/LVN Coordinator will complete the recert verbal order to recert the patient. The Clinical Supervisor will review the order and approve and/or edit the order as needed and process the recert verbal order. ONLY the Clin Sup, DON, and/or Regional will be able to approve orders and process progress notes in the workflow.
7. The LPN/LVN Coordinator will review/QA the narrative coordination notes and stage complete.
8. The LPN/LVN Coordinator can add medications to the medication profile, and add required documentation to the occurrence logs as needed.
9. The LPN/LVN Coordinator can assist with the QA of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy notes as needed.
10. The LPN/LVN Coordinator can answer the phone and take verbal orders, be a problem solver and coordinate the care with the field staff, Clinical Supervisors, and DON.
11. The LPN/LVN Coordinator can work through and stage complete the 485 Review- Critical Recommendations to make necessary recommended corrections suggested by the Coding Specialist. The LPN/LVN Coordinator will collaborate with Clinical Supervisor and assessing clinician to ensure accuracy of coding, oasis, and documentation.
12. Responsible for organizing, updating records, and rehabilitation therapy notes,
Laboratory reports, verbal orders, etc. in HCHB.
13. Gathers and completes all clerical and generic portions of materials necessary for admission, recertification, and discharge of patients.
14. Assist with the QA of the daily visit notes from all disciplines. Assist with nursing telephone calls when the DON and/or Clinical Supervisor is out of the office, or otherwise unavailable.
15. Gathers, QAs, and writes summary letter for all additional development requests as necessary for the agency good and patient/client care. In an emergency situation, the LPN/LVN Coordinator may perform patient/client care visits.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Promotes a positive work environment by consistently interpreting agency philosophy, mission, values, and standards of care, and providing a professional role model for other staff. Complies with agency polices and procedures.
2. Communicates appropriate patient/agency operational information to the DON and/or Clinical Supervisor
3. Adheres to HIPAA regulations and follows agency protocol maintaining confidentiality and does not improperly disclose of patient information.
4. Is diligent in activities that ensure advanced proficiency in Homecare Homebase (HCHB) Electronic Health Record (EHR). Actively seeks out training and continuing education in agency processes including participation in offered classroom training and e-learning courses. Communicates as appropriate with staff, physicians, referral sources, community, patients, potential patients, caregivers, and others involved in care.
5. Maintains clinical records according to agency policies and procedures, and in compliance with local, state and federal laws, agency policy and in accordance with Medicare regulation and accreditation standards.
6. Assists Clinical Supervisor (s) with recert/dc decision as follows; gathering necessary information, completing the recert/dc case conference coordination note, completing the recert/d/c verbal order. Ensures patients on service meet criteria for recertification such as; medical necessity, home bound, and documentation clearly indicates the criteria met.
7. Maintains and supplies Clinical Supervisor Schedule Books, Infectious Control Logs, Glucose Monitoring Logs and On-Call book as needed.
8. Assists with referrals with enthusiasm from the physicians/staff. Ensure that the referral is sent to intake to be processed once all the necessary information is collected. Then can coordinate with the PCP/Patient/Caregiver to set-up follow up appointments as needed and face to face appointments. Ensures that the patient has transportation for all appointments. Assists with scheduling and maintenance of weekly calendar of all services delivered.
9. Reviews home health aide assignments as appropriate with the aide.
10. Assists with recruitment and orientation of home health aide staff as requested.
11. May assist with maintenance of personnel records and employee health files, including administration of TB screening/tests, in accordance with applicable laws, agency policy and in accordance with Medicare and accreditation standards.
12. Participates with the physician, referral sources, DON, and staff in coordinating homecare services.
13.Communicates with staff and Clinical Supervisor to coordinate professional and ancillary services.
14. Works cooperatively with Clinical Supervisor on staffing, referral source, physician and client concerns/needs.
15. May communicate with and receives orders from physician regarding client's condition. Communicates with professional staff any additions or changes.
16. Communicates effectively with clients and families regarding schedule changes and staffing changes as requested.
17. Receives reports from staff as indicated. Communicates concerns.
18. Assists with visit verification as requested. Returns documentation for missing, incomplete, untimely, and inaccurate documentation.
19. Reviews all clinicians’ documentation to ensure excellent care, quality documentation, improving outcomes, and medical necessity to ensure the provision of services and documentation required for financial reimbursement for care completed on a timely basis and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
20. Reviews various types of coordination notes which communicate pertinent information or data related to patient care and provision of service. Provided additional coordination with physicians, disciplines, and patient/caregiver as necessary.
21. May perform drug screens for area industry.
22. Assists the DON, Clinical Supervisor, and clerical with any other delegated tasks as needed for smooth operation of the branch office.
23. Assists clerical staff with incoming calls. Greets visitors and routes calls, information, and people to appropriate person.
24. Works as field nurse for home visits and clinics as required in an emergency situation. Understands priority of the patient care. Must be willing to assist in whatever ways necessary to meet this including the hands on of patient visits from personal care to skilled care as needed.
25. Participates in Visit Nurse On-call rotation and assumes on-call duties as assigned. Must be available 24 hours per day when scheduled to be on-call. Must be reachable at all times and comply with the On-Call Process.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. General office. Community and home environment.
2. Work is moderate with a combination of sitting, standing, and walking.
3. Potential exposure to blood and/or body fluids and infectious disease during the performance of job duties.
4. Potential exposure to extreme temperature and humidity when traveling and while in client homes.
5. Potential exposure to dust, gas, fumes, and odors during traveling.
6. This position has been designated as clinical management (see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing clinical management duties may be involved in potential exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. All clinical management employees will be offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee
1. Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
3. Ability to effectively deal with stress.
4. Good physical stamina and mental health is required. Has completed the agency pre-employment health clearance.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Must meet the required continuing education hours for state certification as a nurse in Texas as applicable. Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
I have read, and fully understand all information in the above job description. I meet the stated job qualifications, and am mentally and physically able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the above job description.