FT Licensed Practical Nurse
Home Health | Tulsa, OK | Full Time
Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse
Reports to: Director of Nurses
Full Time, Per Unit Pay
Full-time benefits offer medical, dental, and vision insurance; supplemental insurance including life; paid time off; and generous 401k match.
At Mays, we take pride in the quality service that we provide our patients. If you have a passion for providing excellent care to patients, we want you to be part of our work family. Whether your field is nursing, therapy, personal care, administration, or marketing—at the end of the day, it is all about our patients that we get the honor of serving.
About the Position
The Licensed Practical Nurse LPN / Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN furnishes services in accordance with agency policies, prepares clinical and progress notes, assists the physician and registered nurse in performing specialized procedures, prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required; and assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques. (COP §484.30(b))
- Is currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse LPN or Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN through state Board of Nursing.
- Preferred one year of clinical experience in home health, medical, surgical, or critical care.
- Is at least 18 years of age and maintains good physical stamina and mental health.
- Can pass pre-employment background and health screening.
- Is a licensed driver with insured automobile that is in good working order.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Shows excellent observation, good clinical judgement, and good oral and written communication.
- Demonstrates flexibility and cooperation in fulfilling role obligation.
What You Will Do
- Provides safe home health services and education to patients, families, and caregivers.
- Carries out plan of care initiated by the RN Case Manager in collaboration with the physician.
- Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized patient care documentation consistent with the plan of care.
- Coordinates care with patient, caregivers, other clinicians, and physician.
- Participates in company related meetings and in-services.
This is not a full list of duties and responsibilities. A full job description will be provided.
Our agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.