Document Management Specialist
Home Health | Liberal, KS | Full Time
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
TITLE: Document management Specialist (DMS)
REPORTS TO: Clerical Supervisor
- Must be bilingual ( Spanish)
- Must have previous MS Word and Excel experience, preferably in home health or similar operation. Able to use a variety of software applications. Computer proficiency.
- Prefer a minimum of one-year practical experience, or graduation from a one or two year business college. Minimum requirement of high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Prefer ability to type at least 50 words per minute. Has ability to use personal computer, copier, and facsimile machine.
- Prefer knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be highly attentive to details and accuracy.
- Must be able to be assertive in a productive and cooperative way with authority figures, e.g. physician’s offices while maintaining excellent rapport and customer service.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and phone skills necessary to develop professional relationships with physician’s offices and other entities.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Must have a positive attitude.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The DMS is responsible for maintaining all patient records by ensuring that all patient care documents are processed, managed and coordinated in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner. The DMS is responsible for assuring all documents are included within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and that the chart is thorough prior to the end of the certification period. The DMS is responsible for the delivery of all documents to the physicians as processed through workflow or as needed from any other source. The DMS will also coordinate with physician offices to ensure timely receipt of all signed documents as necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Promotes a positive work environment by consistently modeling in a positive way, agency philosophy, mission, values, and standards of care, and providing a professional role model for other staff.
- Processes and maintains patient/client information data within the EMR.
- Keeps up with workflow in a timely manner by addressing the tasks periodically throughout each day.
- Receives signed patient related documents and reviews for completeness. Coordinates with physician’s office to resolve incomplete documentation.
- Attach documents to the patient electronic record on a daily basis.
- Monitors fax machine frequently throughout each day. Receive and distribute incoming documents to the appropriate staff member.
- Enter all personal non-visit activity for approval daily.
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel ay be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities and will be directed by their Clerical Supervisor as the need arises.
- General office with prolonged periods of computer usage
- Frequent telephone activity
- This position has been designated Class III office position (see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class III office position duties are not at risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. All Class III office position employees will not be offered Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively deal with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
I have read, and fully understand all information in the above job description. I meet the stated job qualifications, and am mentally and physically able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the above job description.
_________________________ _________________________ ________________
Full Name (Printed) Signature Date