Community Education Coordinator
Hospice | Durant, OK | Full Time
Job Title/Position: Community Education Coordinator
Reports To: Regional Hospice Director
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Community Education Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and execution of activities that increase awareness of the Agency and its services. Effectiveness of the Community Education Coordinator is measured by the goals accomplished by the offices represented by the Community Education Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist as requested, in the development of new organizational programs.
- Develop and implement community education plans which included:
- Identification of a comprehensive referral base that identifies potential clients for utilization of home care services.
- Development of educational programs, including presentations on Medicare guidelines.
- Identification of new referral sources among physicians, hospitals and social service agencies.
- Develops and implements a monthly education plan in conjunction with the Regional Director, Branch Manager and follow through on its implementation.
- Add new referral sources through education of services and benefits.
- Increase referrals among current referral base.
- Develops an ongoing relationship with contacts and follows up with each contact when referrals are made.
- Satisfaction with services
- New referrals
- Provides backup with recruiting, in-services and follow/resolution of complaints from clients and/or referring entities.
- Assist with promoting Mays Hospice, Inc. as a clinical training site for student programs.
- Assists in identifying competition, their strategies, their results, adjusting our marketing plan in accordance with findings.
- Acts in accordance with Mays Hospice Care, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Work closely with clinical staff to ensure follow through on referrals, admissions, resolution of problems, follow up on leads.
- Willingness to travel on a daily basis, some overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to create and implement creative ideas.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Prefer BA in Marketing or related field or 3 years sales/marketing experience in health related field.
- Excellent ability to communicate through the preparation of clear, persuasive, written material and convincing oral presentation.
- Have good time management skills, work in stressful environment, meet multiple deadlines, meet monthly quota.
- Knowledge of commonly used PC word processors, graphic programs, databases, spreadsheets, create flyers, handouts, etc.
- Have excellent telephone etiquette skills.
- Possess creative decision making skills.
- Able to compile data and compose reports as needed.
- Dress professionally and have excellent client relation skills.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment health clearance
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- General office and community
- Frequent telephone activity
- This position has been designated Class III (see policy 9-001). Employees performing Class III duties are not at risk for exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Class III employees will not be offered Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to effectively deal with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
I have read, and fully understand all information in the above job description. I meet the stated job qualifications, and am mentally and physically able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the above job description.