Skyline | Broken Arrow, OK | Full Time
TITLE: Care Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Skyline Wellness Management
STRUCTURE: Full Time Per Unit Pay
Reports 2 days in a Broken Arrow doctor's office and the rest of the work is remote.
Computer, internet and reliable transportation needed.
- Is currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, or social worker including: LMSW and LSW, registered nurse, have a degree in social work including MSW, BSW have a degree in case management or relevant work experience in the field of social work or case management.
- All LPN, LVN, BSW, MSW, RNs are required to have 1 full year of experience in geriatric/case management. This includes working in a Hospice, Nursing home, Care Management or Home Health environment.
- All LMSW and LCSWs are required to have 1 full year in geriatric/case management experience. This includes working in a Hospice, Nursing home, Care Management, or Home Health environment.
- Must have case management or managed care experience and community based or in-home experience
- Must have experience working with Geriatric, Terminally Ill, or functionally challenged populations
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has completed the agency pre-employment health clearance.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision; has good organizational skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good working order.
- License must be valid in the state of practice with no unresolved prior or current disciplinary actions.
- Must have access to a secure computer with high-speed internet access and email
- Ability to use a variety of electronic information applications/software programs, electronic medical records experience.
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Care Manager furnishes services in accordance with agency policies, prepares clinical notes, and makes referrals within the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- In-home/telephonic visits and facility visits when authorized
- Implements comprehensive care plan according to program in which the client is enrolled.
- Complete required electronic documentation within the timeframe required
- Maintain HIPAA compliance and adhere to all company policies
- Collaboration with other team members
- Maintaining professional care management responsibilities by setting appropriate boundaries, complying with Care Manager expectations and productivity standards, and seeking managerial consult as needed
- Critical thinking and rational judgment to address needs of the client/patient as they arise
- Participates in personal professional growth and development. Responsible for keeping current in care management trends and knowledge. Participates in In-service programs. Participates in Quality Improvement program of the agency. Can verbalize own responsibilities and activities.
- Responsible for following all policies and procedures of the Agency, regarding service delivery, documentation, and care coordination.
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Community and home environment.
- Exposure to infectious diseases.
- In and out of automobile.
- This position has been designated Class I Field staff position (see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class I Field staff position duties may be involved in potential exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. All Class I Field staff position employees will be offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Must meet the required continuing education hours to maintain state licensing as applicable. Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.