Central Pyramid | Antlers, OK | Full Time
TITLE: Benefits Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
- Prefer 1 year Human Resources or Employee Benefit coordination experience
- Ability to communicate effectively through written material and oral presentation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Prefer experience with a human resources information system and PC based benefits administration systems
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for communicating and managing all employee benefits. Coordinating enrollment meetings. Working in with HR Director in obtaining benefit proposals from outside sources.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Communicating and explaining benefit plans and options to employees
- Coordinating benefit informational meetings
- Maintaining the COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) program providing notices to employees upon qualifying events
- Assists with preparation of benefit related documents and coordinates with Accounting concerning matters applicable to pay and billing
- Reconciles monthly Insurance invoices.
- Maintaining communication with payroll ensuring benefit deductions are withheld accurately
- Submitting enrollment forms to appropriate Third Party Administrator or Provider
- Maintaining employee benefit information spreadsheet.
- Tracking eligibility and ensuring receipt of declinations
- Assisting with obtaining benefit proposals from outside sources
- Assisting employees with insurance claims and enrollment issues
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:
The above statements are meant to be a representative of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- General office
- Frequent telephone activity
- This position has been designated Class III (see policy 9-001). Employees performing Class III duties are not at risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens. All Class III employees will not be offered Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to effectively deal with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.