Senior Product Manager
Product Management | Denver, CO | Full Time
Who we are
Maxwell is on a mission to turn the tide of homeownership and spread economic empowerment. Our enterprise software empowers lending teams to make home financing simpler and more accessible. We believe that mortgage companies will win by betting on the augmentation of human relationship, not by replacing it with faceless technology. That’s why our software powers the experience and workflow of a mortgage, intelligently automating work and collaboration so the focus isn’t the paperwork, it’s the place to call home.
Founded in 2015 and built in beautiful Denver, Colorado, Maxwell is backed by Techstars and other leading venture capital firms. Every day, Maxwell is used by hundreds of mortgage lenders across the U.S. to serve thousands of homebuyers, facilitating billions of dollars of mortgage volume each month. We work as a team and do whatever it takes to make each other and our customers successful. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that we obsess about empathy and delivering delight to our users. We also are proud to partner with New Story and dedicate a portion of our revenues to build homes for those who need them most in Haiti and El Salvador. Come join us as we build a new way to finance a home!
What we expect of you
As a Senior Product Manager at Maxwell, you’ll design technology to simplify the mortgage process for homebuyers and to empower lending teams to invest their time in relationships instead of tedious, administrative tasks. We build product based on three principles: creating a simple and delightful user experience, empowering people to do their work more efficiently, and building innovative, industry-changing products with our data.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you’ll have a high level of ownership and visibility as an early member of our product team. We’re looking for a product manager who thrives in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, demonstrates urgency and adapts to frequent change.
Day-to-day you will:
- Partner with our engineering and design team to build features that solve problems
- Understand customer pain points by talking to our customers and internal stakeholders
- Prioritize features, make tradeoffs on scope and balance short and long term needs
- Own product features from start-to-finish
- Use data to inform product decisions and to understand how customers use our software
- Communicate with internal teams (sales, customer success, marketing, engineering) to tell the story of why a feature is important
How you’ll know you’re qualified
We don’t expect people joining our Product team to know everything about mortgages. Passionate, empathetic people willing to learn quickly can be taught, and we’re excited to help you learn and grow! However, for you to best succeed in this role, it’ll help if you have:
- 5+ years as a software product manager, experience in SaaS is a plus, with a track record in building software that users love
- Experience in user research and delivering on insights into product features
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and incredibly organized
- Prior experience working in a startup is a plus - you know how to move quickly, manage your time efficiently and successfully manage competing priorities
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think a step ahead
- Teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate in a transparent, authentic culture
- Additional bonus points for experience working on ecosystems and serving developers
What you get
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. You play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture.
- Meaningful equity as an early employee at Maxwell. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind.
- Top-tier insurance plans to select from along with a FSA and HSA where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses. For those with HDHP+HSA accounts, Maxwell makes a $500 annual contribution to your HSA.
- Parking and public transport allowance to get you to the office in your own way whether you want to park or take the RTD (up to $100/month)
- 3 weeks of vacation time plus sick days, all 10 major holidays, and 1 floating holiday for your birthday, religious holiday, or other special day of your choice and a parental leave policy
- Up to 3 days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
- An “Even Merrier Christmas” when we close the office between Christmas and New Year so you can enjoy your family and friends
- A powder ski day for that one day when you’ve just got to hit the slopes with no lift lines
Our application process
Please keep applications brief; we want succinct resumes with relevant experience. Short but super-personalized cover letters are encouraged. Be prepared to demonstrate your skills. Principals only, please. We aren't using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Maxwell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.