Sales Development Representative
Sales | Denver, CO | Full Time
WHO WE ARE
Maxwell is on a mission to revolutionize the $8.5T residential mortgage industry by reimagining how homebuyers, real estate agents, and loan officers work together to buy a home. Our digital mortgage solution was created on the principle that mortgage companies will win by betting on the augmentation of human relationship, not by replacing it with faceless technology. Our software empowers lenders by intelligently automating their workflow so the focus isn’t the paperwork, it’s the place to call home.
Founded in 2015 and based in beautiful Denver, Colorado, Maxwell is backed by leading venture capital firms and Techstars. Every day, Maxwell is used by hundreds of lenders across the U.S. to serve thousands of homebuyers. We work as a team and do whatever it takes to make each other and our customers successful. We also are proud to partner with New Story and dedicate a portion of our revenues to build homes for those who need them most in Haiti and El Salvador. Come join us as we build a new way to purchase a home!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Maxwell is growing our Sales Development team to help us manage the ever-increasing demand for our platform. The Maxwell SDR role holds an important position at the top of the sales funnel for the entire company. The SDR is often a customer’s first experience with Maxwell so you need to be able to make a great first impression to earn the right to qualify our leads and identify what the appropriate next steps should be. And to answer the question that should be on your mind: Yes, our successful SDRs have a direct promotion path in our sales organization.
The ideal SDR candidate, along with having a track record of top performance (whether that's in school or in previous roles) will also have the organizational skills to handle a high lead flow and should have a strong interest in advancing his/her career in sales. If you are willing to provide the hard work and dedication to your craft, we'll provide the coaching and mentoring to help you succeed.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
You’ll have a significant impact on the growth of our business through lead qualification, opportunity development, new customer acquisition, and interaction with Account Executives, Marketing, and Customer Success. You will:
- Drive Maxwell’s revenue growth through outreach emails & phone-calls with a focus on setting demo appointments for the sales team
- Research prospect contact information and best ways to get in touch with them
- Nurture and qualify new leads that turn into quality demo appointments
- Cold call, prospect and pipeline building, and opportunity identification
- Educate prospects on Maxwell’s digital mortgage solutions
- Maintain accurate notes, activity, and opportunity data in CRM
HOW YOU'LL KNOW YOU'RE QUALIFIED
- 1+ years prior business development/sales experience (bonus points for software/tech sales experience)
- Bachelors degree from a four-year university
- Fearless Attitude: Trained in effective opportunity discovery and an ability to speak/sell to prospect pain points
- Self Starter: Need little guidance and own targets and projects from beginning to end
- Intelligent and Articulate: Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Naturally Curious: Passion for learning new things and understanding what makes our customers successful, as well as passion to be coached and ready to propel your sales career
- Experience using a CRM like Hubspot or Salesforce, as well as MS Office and G Suite applications
- Bonus points for knowledge of the mortgage industry
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. You play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture.
- Meaningful equity as an early employee at Maxwell. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind.
- Top-tier insurance plans to select from along with a FSA and HSA where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses. For those with HDHP+HSA accounts, Maxwell makes a $500 annual contribution to your HSA.
- Parking and public transport allowance to get you to the office in your own way whether you want to park or take the RTD.
- 3 weeks of vacation time plus sick days, all 10 major holidays, and 1 floating holiday for your birthday, religious holiday, or other special day of your choice.
- Up to 3 days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice.
- An “Even Merrier Christmas” when we shut down the office between Christmas and New Year so you can enjoy your family and friends.
- A powder ski day for that one day when you’ve just got to hit the slopes with no lift lines.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
Please keep applications brief; we want succinct resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to demonstrate your skills. Short but super-personalized cover letters are encouraged.
Principals only, please. We aren't using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Maxwell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.