Pipe Layer - Cincinnati
Construction | Cincinnati, OH | Full Time
Are you a Pipe Layer ready to apply your site development construction skills to residential, commercial or industrial construction projects. Would you like to grow your career with a forward-thinking, rapidly growing service-driven company? Are you seeking a work environment with purpose, challenge, and professional colleagues?
Matrix5 provides site excavation and development services to a variety of clients across the region. Our company services include design build, site excavation, erosion control, underground utilities and soil modification. Our company develops leaders and empowers staff to use their gifts to service our clients, coworkers, and communities. We subscribe to the mission “finding purpose through serving others,” so if this speaks to you, let’s connect!
As our Pipe Layer, you will be responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm water, sanitary sewer, drains and water main lines for various land development projects for residential, industrial, commercial, energy and municipal projects. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Configure pipe routes
- Align pipes in pipeline sections
- Dig trenches with trenching tools
- Slide pipe into trenches.
- Insert spaces in between pipes.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Seal joints.
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
- Drill holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
- Perform continual maintenance on pipes and replace those needing repair.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of experience as a pipe layer on site development projects
- Knowledge of building codes pertaining to pipe layout
- Ability to communicate effectively and to collaborate with engineers, clients and construction personnel
- Strong site excavation and development construction management knowledge
Excellent technical skills and understanding of construction methods, contracts and blueprints
We develop and inspire our leaders through training and coaching on the job. At Matrix5, we believe that work should be more rewarding than just a paycheck. In addition to a comprehensive benefit and compensation program, our work pace is stable and predictable, and we encourage active collaboration with your teammates.
Matrix5 is a principle-centered organization, thinking and acting in alignment with strong values of service, integrity and authenticity. We work to create a fun, collaborative atmosphere that attracts strong team players. To promote this, the company sponsors summer and holiday events as well as an office-wide community service day to live out our values and provide an opportunity for the team to work together serving others.
Matrix5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.