Heavy Equipment Operator - Dayton
Construction | Dayton, OH | Full Time
Are you an experienced heavy equipment operator ready to apply your skills and experiences to a privately held business? We have an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator. Candidates should have at least one year of experience operating a variety of heavy equipment including front loaders, haul trucks, dozers, excavators and skidsteers.
Matrix5 provides site excavation and development services to a variety of clients across the region. Our company services include design build, site excavation, erosion control, underground utilities and soil modification. We work on a wide variety of projects for residential, commercial, light industrial and municipal markets. Our company develops leaders and empowers staff to use their gifts to service our clients, coworkers, and communities. We subscribe to the mission “finding purpose through serving others,” so if this speaks to you, let’s connect!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Inspect large equipment prior to use following our safety protocols
- Load and unload cargo and move them to the appropriate storage areas.
- Follow all OSHA safety standards and company safety policies while operating equipment
- Cut trenches, dig and backfill ditches
- Run cut/fill operations according to construction documents
- Identify equipment operating issues and perform regular maintenance and minor repairs when necessary
- Report immediately any machinery operating issues and needs for large repairs to appropriate parties.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner and meeting quality standards; ensuring client satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 1 plus years of experience working with heavy equipment
- Possession of a commercial driver's license (CDL) or a willingness to obtain the license
- Knowledge of proper operation of heavy equipment and knowledge of government safety standards
- Strong work ethic and physical ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical Benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Dental and Life insurance
Matrix5 is a principle-centered organization, thinking and acting in alignment with strong values of service, integrity and authenticity. We work to create a fun, collaborative atmosphere that attracts strong team players. To promote this, the company sponsors summer and holiday events as well as an office-wide community service day to live out our values and provide an opportunity for the team to work together serving others.
We develop and inspire our leaders through training and coaching on the job. At Matrix5, we believe that work should be more rewarding than just a paycheck. In addition to a comprehensive benefit and compensation program, our work pace is stable and predictable, and we encourage active collaboration with your teammates
If you enjoy the challenge of site development, working in a team environment and serving the client, this job is for you. If this sounds like a role for you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Matrix5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.