Earthwork Foreman - Dayton
Construction | Dayton, OH | Full Time
Are you an experienced Earthwork Foreman with site excavation and development experience ready to apply your skills and experiences to a privately held business? We have an immediate opening for an Earthwork Foreman who oversees excavation projects including cut/fill and grading. Candidates should have 3-5 years of experience supervising projects to include material take-offs, coordinating crews in a safe environment, ordering equipment, scheduling and reporting.
Matrix5 provides site excavation and development services to a variety of clients across the region. Our company services include design build, site excavation, erosion control, underground utilities and soil modification. We work on a wide variety of projects for residential, commercial, light industrial and municipal markets. Our company develops leaders and empowers staff to use their gifts to service our clients, coworkers, and communities. We subscribe to the mission “finding purpose through serving others,” so if this speaks to you, let’s connect!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervise, schedule and coordinate crews of 5-10 team members
- Conduct weekly safety meetings and comply with all OSHA standards and company safety rules
- Perform material take-offs, ordering of tools, materials and equipment in a timely fashion to maximize field productivity
- Monitor geotechnical lab reporting, job cost reviews, time sheets and two-week look ahead schedule
- Review submittals for accuracy and quality control
- Schedule and ensure equipment and tool deliveries to meet production deadlines
- Manage the job and ensure deadlines and budget requirements are met to match the scope of work
- Ensure equipment is maintained and schedule repairs as needed
- Prepares reports for purposes of documenting activities and informs senior managers of job progress
- Operates various pieces of equipment if needed including Bulldozer and utilizing GPS technology
- Handles change orders per company policy and procedures
- Assists with human resource functions such as hiring of new employees and managing employee performance
- Work with governmental officials in regards to site inspections
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 3+ years of Foreman experience with a site excavation and land development company
- Proficient with GPS, Microsoft Office, scheduling software
- Ability to lead and manager crews to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Experience reading cut/fill maps
- Possession of a commercial driver's license (CDL) or a willingness to obtain the license
- Knowledge of proper operation of heavy equipment and knowledge of government safety standards
- Strong work ethic, safety minded and physical ability to lift 50+ pounds
- OSHA 30 certification preferred
- HeavyJob software experience a plus
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical Benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Dental and Life insurance
Matrix5 is a principle-centered organization, thinking and acting in alignment with strong values of service, integrity and authenticity. We work to create a fun, collaborative atmosphere that attracts strong team players. To promote this, the company sponsors summer and holiday events as well as an office-wide community service day to live out our values and provide an opportunity for the team to work together serving others.
We develop and inspire our leaders through training and coaching on the job. At Matrix5, we believe that work should be more rewarding than just a paycheck. In addition to a comprehensive benefit and compensation program, our work pace is stable and predictable, and we encourage active collaboration with your teammates
If you enjoy the challenge of site development, working in a team environment and serving the client, this job is for you. If this sounds like a role for you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Matrix5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.