Accounts Payable Specialist
Construction | Miamisburg, OH | Full Time
Are you an Accounts Payable Specialist ready to apply your accounting skills and experiences to support the accounting team and learn and assist with other business processes? Would you like to grow your career with a forward-thinking, rapidly growing service-driven company? Are you seeking a work environment with purpose, challenge, and professional colleagues?
Matrix5 provides site excavation and development services to a variety of clients across the region. Our company services include design build, site excavation, erosion control, underground utilities and soil modification. Our company develops leaders and empowers staff to use their gifts to service to our clients, to our coworkers, and to our communities. We subscribe to the mission “finding purpose through serving others,” so if this speaks to you, let’s connect!
As our Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for bookkeeping efforts for site excavation for residential, industrial, energy and municipal markets.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Verify accuracy, code, and enter all invoices and credit card transactions into the accounting system.
- Maintain Costing and GL accounts.
- Timely and accurately prepare and complete weekly check runs.
- Process high volume of invoices in the Accounting software.
- Reconcile vendor statements and contacting vendors when needed.
- Research duplicate payments and return payments.
- Coordinate with multiple Project Managers regarding problem invoices and troubleshooting.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with multiple vendors.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to perform effectively and confidently without much supervision.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Ensure Bank and Credit Card accounts are ready for reconciliation.
- Assist with asset set up & management.
- Required: Self-starter with ability to work independently and manage tasks in a timely manner
- Required: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Preferred: 4-year degree in Business or Accounting
- Preferred: 2 years of experience in construction accounting and/or Accounts Payable
We develop and inspire our leaders through training and coaching on the job. At Matrix5, we believe that work should be more rewarding than just a paycheck. In addition to a comprehensive benefit and compensation program, our work pace is stable and predictable, and we encourage active collaboration with your teammates.
Matrix5 is a principle-centered organization, thinking and acting in alignment with strong values of service, integrity and authenticity. We work to create a fun, collaborative atmosphere that attracts strong team players. To promote this, the company sponsors summer and holiday events as well as an office-wide community service day to live out our values and provide an opportunity for the team to work together serving others.
Matrix5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.