Utilization Review Assessor (Licensed Counselor)
Adolescent/Adult - MMB | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
Mountain Manor Treatment Center at Baltimore is a residential substance abuse treatment center for adolescents and young adults experiencing complex emotional problems in addition to their substance abuse issues. We are part of Maryland Treatment Centers, a growing regional behavioral health provider focused on clinical excellence, innovation, and scholarship. We are a thriving center for treatment of addictions and co-occurring disorders. We offer a full continuum of levels of care including inpatient, intensive outpatient, outpatient, outpatient mental health clinic. We are an approved NHSC site.
- Reporting to the Utilization Review Nurse, the Utilization Review Counselor assists in implementing the facility's UR plan while maintaining compliance with all state, federal, and regulatory agency requirements.
- Conduct utilization reviews on all patients & document accordingly
- Regularly communicate with 3rd party reimbursement agencies
- Must be a counselor or have a valid trainee status.
- Ability to understand and evaluate patient treatment
- Communicate effectively with Physicians
- Knowledge of federal & state regulatory agency requirements
- Must be savvy with electronic documentation
Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of MD:
CAC-AD, CSC-AD, CPC-AD, LPC
LGPC or LGSW OR
18 months of experience working in a Utilization Review department
The aforementioned requirements must be CLEARLY STATED in your resume for consideration
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5+ years working in a Utilization Review department
- This is a full time job with medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Free parking & on a bus line