Utilization Review Assessor
Residential Staff | Rockville, MD | Full Time
Avery Road Treatment Centers is a residential substance abuse treatment center for adults experiencing complex emotional problems in addition to their substance abuse issues. We are part of Maryland Treatment Centers, a growing regional behavioral health provider focused on clinical excellence, innovation, and scholarship. We are a thriving center for treatment of addictions and co-occurring disorders. We offer a full continuum of levels of care including inpatient, intensive outpatient, outpatient, outpatient mental health clinic. We are an approved NHSC site.
- Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Utilization Review Assessor evaluates individual for admission into a detoxification facility while maintaining compliance with all state, federal, and regulatory agency requirements.
- Conduct utilization reviews on all patients & document accordingly
- Regularly communicate with 3rd party reimbursement agencies
- Must have a valid MD license or certification as a nurse or counselor
- Ability to understand and evaluate patient treatment
- Communicate effectively with Physicians
- Knowledge of federal & state regulatory agency requirements
- Must be savvy with electronic documentation
- Knowledge of substance use disorders
Addiction counselor trainee status, CSC-AD, CAC-AD, LGPC or LGSW in the State of MD
OR active LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) in the State MD
The aforementioned requirements must be CLEARLY STATED in your resume for consideration
Prior utilization review experience
- This is a full time job with medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Free parking & on a bus line
- Clinical supervision for counselors.