Study Coordinator- Rockville
Avery Road Treatment Center | Rockville, MD | Full Time
Maryland Treatment Centers – Rockville, MD
Avery Road Treatment Center (ARTC) is a comprehensive center offering a full continuum for the treatment of addictions and co-occurring disorders, including inpatient and outpatient levels of care. ARTC is part of Maryland Treatment Centers, an established regional behavioral health provider focused on clinical excellence, innovation, and scholarship.
In addition to our primary clinical operations, MTC has an enthusiastic research team and a 20 year legacy of conducting independent and collaborative clinical research on addictions and co-occurring disorders. Collaborators have included local and national academic institutions and other research partners.
We are seeking a Full Time Study Coordinator based at ARTC in Rockville, MD for a clinical trial investigating pharmacological treatment of opioid use disorder. The project is sponsored by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) through the Clinical Trials Network. There would also be opportunities to contribute to other projects within the research portfolio at MTC.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a productive research team, with access to senior scientific and clinical mentorship. There are opportunities for presentation at conferences and participating in publications, if desired. Opportunities for clinical experience and supervision, if desired, are also available. Competitive compensation and supportive work environment.
Responsibilities would include:
- Overseeing and participating in various aspects of the research process for existing and upcoming clinical trials including:
- Recruitment efforts such as advertising and screening potential participants
- Interfacing and collaborating with existing clinical teams at the study site within a complex community addictions treatment setting
- Participant enrollment
- Participant tracking throughout the study
- Data collection
- Data entry, maintenance, and quality assurance
- Basic data analysis
- Opportunities to participate in dissemination and presentation of results
- Oversight of research assistant(s)
- May include travel to other MTC sites in order to perform job functions
- Master’s degree in psychology, public health, or a related scientific field required
- One year of experience in managing clinical trials research required
- Demonstrated competence in oral and written communication
- Clinical experience, interest, and licensure (e.g., LCPC, LCSW) preferred
- Experience working in behavioral health, and especially addiction-related settings preferred