Research Department | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
MOUNTAIN MANOR TREATMENT CENTER – Baltimore, MD
RESEARCH PSYCHOLOGIST for SUD center
Mountain Manor Treatment Center (MMTC) is seeking a full time research psychologist. The ideal applicant is a recent graduate of a doctoral program (psychology or related field) who is interested in a post-doctoral/entry level position that affords opportunities for addiction related research, especially opioid use disorder. Clinical capability and experience is ideal, but not required.
Position would include:
- Coordination of currently funded projects in addiction treatment research
- Support and mentorship for development of new projects (including grant writing)
- Supervision of research assistants and other members of research team
- Opportunities for growth and increased responsibilities within the research (or clinical) departments as experience and interests develop
For a candidate with clinical capacity the position could also include:
- Individual and/or group therapy in residential and/or outpatient settings
- Supervision and teaching in the externship program for clinical trainees
- Development of research projects out of pilot innovations in clinical interventions
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in current studies of opioid addiction with adults of all ages and their family members, well as to develop other lines of research within a thriving center for treatment of addictions and co-occurring disorders. We offer a full continuum of levels of care for adults and youth, including inpatient, intensive outpatient, outpatient, and outpatient mental health clinic. We have an enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team, with a collaborative work environment.
Supervision and mentorship provided by senior staff mentors. We have an active teaching program with practicum placements for doctoral and masters level externs in psychology, social work, and nursing. We have an active research program with opportunities for publications and collaborations with area academic centers, including participation in the NIDA CTN Mid-Atlantic Node. We are committed to implementation of innovative and evidence-informed programming.
Located on Frederick Ave, Baltimore MD.
Competitive salary. Flexible hours. Possible start date between now and Aug 2020. Please send expression of interest and CV, or inquiries for further information to: Marc Fishman MD and Kevin Wenzel PhD