Peer Recovery Support Specialist/Community Tech
Recovery Support Services | Sykesville/Baltimore | Full Time and Part Time
Maryland Treatment Centers Inc. provides a full continuum of levels of care to clients who struggle with chemical dependency as well as co-occurring psychiatric disorders. We feature specialty services for adolescents, young adults and adults. Clinical programs include assessment, residential/inpatient, detoxification, day treatment, intensive outpatient and outpatient substance abuse, dual diagnosis, mental health, special education, and prevention services.
We are looking for a Full Time/Part time Peer Recovery Support Specialist and Community Technician
- This position requires evening and weekend availability, excellent driving record, the ability to drive a 15 passenger van and valid driver's license.
The responsibility of the Peer Recovery Support Specialist is to provide assessment and referral for Recovery Support Services participants and to act as a liaison between treatment and community stake holders.
- Understand the community based treatment opportunities, types of funding or payment required and how to access public entitlements
- Assist clients in engaging in the appropriate treatment resource, based on a sustainable plan of care.
- Assist clients in making application for public entitlements (i.e. Medicaid, TCA, Food stamps, etc), as appropriate.
- Provide regular written reports, documents all contacts with clients and referral sources
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must be able to maintain a professional composure when confronted by demanding personalities
- Excellent email & phone etiquette
- High attention to detail
- Able to remain organized under a high volume of work and/or distractions
- Drive, tenacity, flexibility, and confidence
- Enthusiasm, open-mindedness, & integrity required
- Valid Driver's license
Maryland Treatment Centers, Inc. currently has an opening available for a FT/PT Community Technicians at our inpatient recovery support program located in Sykesville, MD.
The overall responsibility of this position is to conduct educational groups/lectures, conduct assessments and to supervise patient activity during evening, waking hours; assist the therapy staff in the treatment of patients in the area of non-medical therapy; to provide safe transport for patients. Must have an open and flexible schedule.
-High School diploma/equivalent
-1 year of experience in residential treatment
*MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKEND SHIFTS*
*MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE*