IOP/AOP Addictions Counselor (Columbia/Highlandtown)
Adult Outpatient Counselors | Columbia, MD | Full Time
Are you passionate about helping people? If so, join the team of clinicians who make a difference in lives and communities! Maryland Treatment Centers, Inc has multiple facilities that provide treatment for individuals with addictions and co-occurring disorders. We are looking for certified and licensed clinicians in our Columbia and our Highlandtown office. Clinical supervision is provided for individuals who are pursuing addiction certification, LCPC, and LCSW licensure.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively engage clients with substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Demonstrate ability to understand medication assisted treatment.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling sessions with focus on addiction related topics.
- Responsible for intakes and assessments, problem identification, treatment planning, recording progress notes, and developing discharge plans, review of continuing care plans.
- Responsible for maintaining contact with referral sources and other agencies involved in client care (i.e. child welfare and criminal justice system).
- If licensed, knowledge of best mental health practices for co-occurring clients
- Ability to provide individual, group and family therapy.
- Associates Degree or higher in chemical dependency or related field
- 2 – 4 years experience in behavioral healthcare, specifically addictions or related field.
- Must have minimum of Alcohol and Drug Trainee Status or one of the following certification or license with the State of Maryland: Licensed Graduate Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LGADC), Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC), Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), Certified Associate Counselor-Alcohol and Drug (CAC-AD) or Certified Supervised Counselor-Alcohol and Drug (CSC-AD).
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to complete paperwork in a timely manner