Full time Research Therapist
Research Department | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
Maryland Treatment Centers – Baltimore MD
Mountain Manor Treatment Center (MMTC) in Baltimore, MD is seeking a full time Research Therapist. The ideal applicant has at least a master’s degree in psychology, counseling, or social work with relevant experience providing psychotherapy, preferably to individuals with substance use disorders and/or their families. Experience working in clinical research (e.g., a research assistant) is also strongly preferred as some aspects of the job will require involvement in clinical research protocols, data collection and participant recruitment.
MMTC is part of Maryland Treatment Centers, an established regional behavioral health provider focused on clinical excellence, innovation, and scholarship. We are a complex center offering a full continuum of levels of care for the treatment of addictions and co-occurring disorders with a special focus on opioid use disorder. We are in West Baltimore at 3800 Frederick Avenue.
Responsibilities would include:
- Provide psychotherapy for individuals participating in various research projects related to opioid use disorder or other addictions
- Provide psychotherapy for individuals or groups who are in standard clinical care (non research patients)
- Subject recruitment for several studies related to substance use disorder
- Subject enrollment and instructionas appropriate to specific study objectives
- Assist with maintaining data collection and analysis in support of the research protocol
- May assist with electronic data entry and maintenance for research or clinical programs
- Some off-site visits for delivery of interventions in the community
Opportunities to be involved with dissemination of project results(e.g., poster or conference presentations, paper authorship, etc). Supervision and mentorship from senior research /clinical psychologist and psychiatrist. Supervision from other disciplines available as needed for licensure requirements.
- Master’s degree in a human services field germane to behavioral healthcare required
- Maryland licensure in counseling, substance use, social work, psychology, etc. required (e.g., ADT, LCSW-C, LGSW, LCPC, LGPC)
- Experience in scientific research strongly preferred
- Clinical experience in substance use disorders preferred