Dietary Aide (Rockville
Avery Road Treatment Center | Rockville, MD | Full Time
This Full-Time position is located in a long term drug and alcohol recovery support program working directly with the clients participating in the program. The successful Assist the k must have the ability to work in a diverse work environment communicating effectively and tactfully with clients working toward recovery from dependence on drugs or alcohol.
As a Dietary Aide you will be responsible to properly operate the dishwasher, cleanliness of the kitchen, dining room, and storage areas, and stock rotation. Weekend work required.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Dish machine area as well as pot and pan sinks are cleaned after each meal.
- Floors of the kitchen are clean as well as floor drains.
- Assist with basic food recipes, preparation, service, and sanitation principles.
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Shelves are clean free of dirt or dust in all storerooms connected with the Dietary Department.
- Maintains an exceptionally high level of sanitation and food safety throughout the kitchen.
- Provides leadership and guidance to clients assigned to the kitchen to ensure work is completed in a productive and cooperative manner.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Monitor and control security of the operation protecting company assets and foods.
- Responsible for putting stock away in accordance with State Health regulations and for following rotation procedures when stocking shelves in storeroom, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Work requires the safe use of knives, slicers, choppers, mixers, ovens, measuring cups/spoons and thermometers.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with staff, clients and visitors.
Education and Experience: Should have 2 years related experience and/or training in food production; High school diploma or equivalent. Position requires lifting up to 25 lbs of food and storage to and from kitchen.