Recovery Support Services | Sykesville, MD | Full Time
This Part-Time position is located in a long term drug and alcohol recovery support program working directly with the clients participating in the program. The successful Cook/Catering Assistant must have the ability to work in a diverse work environment communicating effectively and tactfully with clients working toward recovery from dependence on drugs or alcohol.
As a Cook/Catering Assistant you will be responsible for preparing safe, high quality food according to menus and recipes provided and transporting food to off site service areas. You will train clients in proper food preparation, serving and sanitation procedures and supervise them in these activities. Weekend work required.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Prepare large quantities (up to 100 portions) of high quality and great tasting food, following standardized recipes, within required production schedule and sanitation standards.
- Maintain basic food recipes, preparation, service, and sanitation principles.
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Maintains an exceptionally high level of sanitation and food safety throughout the kitchen.
- Provides leadership and guidance to clients assigned to the kitchen to ensure work is completed in a productive and cooperative manner.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Monitor and control security of the operation protecting company assets and foods.
- Work requires the safe use of knives, slicers, choppers, mixers, ovens, measuring cups/spoons and thermometers.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with staff, clients and visitors.
Education and Experience: Should have 2 years related experience and/or training in food production; High school diploma or equivalent; Current ServSafe® Food Handler or Food Protection Manager Certification or willing to complete certification within 6 months at your expense.