Unspecified | Rockville, MD | Full Time and Part Time
Are you passionate about helping people? If so, join the team of clinicians who make a difference in lives and communities! Maryland Treatment Centers, Inc has multiple facilities that provide treatment for individuals with addictions and co-occurring disorders.
We are looking for Full Time certified addictions counselor for our residential substance abuse programs in Rockville. Requires flexibility with scheduling for some evening hours.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively engage clients with substance abuse issues.
- Demonstrate ability to understand medication assisted treatment.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling sessions with focus on addiction related topics.
- Responsible for intakes and assessments, problem identification, treatment planning, recording progress notes, and developing discharge plans, review of continuing care plans.
- Responsible for maintaining contact with referral sources and other agencies involved in client care (i.e. child welfare and criminal justice system)
- Ability to provide individual, group and family therapy.
- Supervision provided for addiction counselors, LGPCs, and LGSWs.
- Associates Degree or higher in chemical dependency or related field
- 2 – 4 years experience in behavioral healthcare, specifically addictions or related field.
- Must have minimum of Alcohol and Drug Trainee Status or one of the following certification or license with the State of Maryland: Licensed Graduate Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LGADC),Certified Associate Counselor-Alcohol and Drug (CAC-AD) or Certified Supervised Counselor-Alcohol and Drug (CSC-AD).
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to complete paperwork in a timely manner