Adult Outpatient Counselors | Westminster, MD | Full Time
Westminster - Outpatient (M-F, some evenings required)
Are you passionate about helping people? If so, join the team of clinicians who make a difference in lives and communities! Maryland Treatment Centers, Inc has multiple facilities that provide treatment for individuals with addiction and co-occurring disorders. We are looking for certified and licensed clinicians in MTC- Westminster office. Clinical supervision is provided for individuals who require it.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively engage clients with substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Demonstrate ability to understand medication assisted treatment.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling sessions with focus on addiction related topics.
- Responsible for intakes and assessments, problem identification, treatment planning, recording progress notes, and developing discharge plans, review of continuing care plans.
- Responsible for maintaining contact with referral sources and other agencies involved in client care (i.e. child welfare and criminal justice system).
- If licensed, knowledge of best mental health practices for co-occurring clients
- Ability to provide individual, group and family therapy.
- Associates Degree or higher in chemical dependency or related field
- 2 – 4 years experience in behavioral healthcare, specifically addictions or related field.
- Must have minimum of Alcohol and Drug Trainee Status or one of the following certification or license with the State of Maryland: Licensed Graduate Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LGADC), Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC), Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), Certified Associate Counselor-Alcohol and Drug (CAC-AD) or Certified Supervised Counselor-Alcohol and Drug (CSC-AD).
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to complete paperwork in a timely manner