Avery Road Treatment Center | Rockville, MD | Full Time
Avery Road Treatment Center for is looking for an Addiction Counselor to provide support to clients in early recovery.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively engage clients with substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Demonstrate ability to understand medication assisted treatment.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling sessions with focus on addiction related topics.
- Responsible for intakes and assessments, problem identification, treatment planning, recording progress notes, and developing discharge plans, review of continuing care plans.
- criminal justice system and housing programs).
- If licensed, knowledge of best mental health practices for co-occurring clients
- Ability to provide individual, group and family therapy.
- Associates Degree or higher in chemical dependency or related field
- 2 – 4 years experience in behavioral healthcare, specifically addictions or related field.
- Must have minimum of Alcohol and Drug Trainee Status or one of the following certification or license with the State of Maryland: Licensed Graduate Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LGADC), Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC), Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), Certified Associate Counselor-Alcohol and Drug (CAC-AD) or Certified Supervised Counselor-Alcohol and Drug (CSC-AD).
- Strong ability to mufti-task
- Complete paperwork in a timely manner
- Supervision for certification and license provided.
- Easy access to Metro
- Free Parking