Addiction Counselor (LGPC/LMSW)- Rockville
Unspecified | Rockville, MD | Full Time
Are you passionate about helping people? If so, join the team of clinicians who make a difference in lives and communities! Maryland Treatment Centers, Inc has multiple facilities that provide treatment for individuals with addictions and co-occurring disorders. We are looking for licensed clinicians in our Rockville locations.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively engage clients with substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Demonstrate ability to understand medication assisted treatment.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling sessions with focus on addiction related topics.
- Responsible for intakes and assessments, problem identification, treatment planning, recording progress notes, and developing discharge plans, review of continuing care plans.
- Responsible for maintaining contact with referral sources and other agencies involved in client care (i.e. child welfare and criminal justice system).
- If licensed, knowledge of best mental health practices for co-occurring clients
- Ability to provide individual, group and family therapy.
- Associates Degree or higher in chemical dependency or related field
- 2 – 4 years experience in behavioral healthcare, specifically addictions or related field.
- Must have minimum of LGPC/LMSW
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to complete paperwork in a timely manner
- Must be available to work weekends