Sr. Simulation/Optimization Analyst - MATLAB
Science and Innovation | Los Angeles, CA
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow efficiently by revealing what really drives results. Founded in 2005, MarketShare has a track record of ground-breaking innovations in data, modeling and software and has worked with nearly half of the Fortune 50 and 8 of the top 10 global brands. MarketShare's platform provides a combination of technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions that lead to improve decision-making for businesses. The company is based in Los Angeles, California with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Tokyo and Bangalore. For more information, please go to: www.marketshare.com.
MarketShare has already helped direct over $100 Billion in marketing spend
Our clients are in over 45 countries and all US DMA's
The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading
MarketShare is seeking Simulation/Optimization professionals with both theoretical and applied experience using Matlab to apply, define and conduct classical simulation/optimization projects within the marketing and marketing science space.
· Perform advanced mathematical programming and simulations/forecasts to support client engagements.
· Hands-on client delivery for templates and approaches for simulation and optimization within our product platforms.
· Provide on-going thought leadership to innovation our methods and intellectual property.
· Help with the design, specification and execution of complex modeling and optimization projects globally
· Help set quality standards and improvement goals governing model accuracy and actionability for the enterprise
in collaboration with MarketShare management and executive teams.
· Help develop processes and technology with the goal of radically cutting cycle time for simulation and optimization projects
· Help oversee contractor work on our product platforms and optimization tasks.
· Help modeling team and other teams to identify best practices and other key principles that would improve modeling and forecasting effectiveness and efficiency.· Collaborate with senior modelers and key academics with methodology development and testing.
· Represent MarketShare with clients as well as industry events and selected scientific & trade forums as appropriate.
· Invent and apply science-based math in new spaces such as real time pricing, addressable media,
competitive dynamics and associated goal seeking optimization for stakeholders in the industry, as needed and if appropriate.
· These roles work within client project teams involving large scale custom datasets and advanced time series and cross section econometrics for demand generation.
3 years hands on experience using Matlab itself and the Matlab optimization toolbox.
Good communication skills is a must (written/verbal).
Other equivalent experience might encompass Mathematica, SAS Optimization or CLOG procedures.
Experience with SAS itself for advanced statistical datasets and database tools such as SQL also are critical skills and prior experience, especially SQL.
Direct hands on design, development and delivery experience of data, models and optimization and applied decisions are necessary and required.
Experience specifically in marketing engineering, mathematical economics is helpful.
A strong orientation and understanding of working with the client finance function also is valuable.
Candidates are expected to work directly with MarketShare clients in presenting project findings and recommendations, as well as all other aspects of the project team.
Candidates from physics, engineering, quantitative business and related applied mathematics fields are encouraged as well given the experience outlined above.
MarketShare is a high growth, venture-backed company solving some of the toughest marketing investment optimization problems in the industry. We are aggressively growing our team and are looking for leads in Simulation/Optimization, Marketing Science, Statistical Modeling, Engineering, Product and Sales, superstar engineers, software product managers, quality assurance engineers, marketers, sales, training and support managers to build this team. We are building this team in our Santa Monica, CA headquarters as well as the San Francisco Bay Area office.
To view a partial list of open positions please click on the Career link of our site. If you don't see a relevant position yet please submit your resume for the “Other” position.
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact MarketShare employees with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes are never eligible for payment.